Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

season 4 fantasy (results and comments)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Regino and Marsh magic, look out i'm aiming for a top 6/top 5 finish. You have been warned! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Stop ignoring me! I'll catch up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Fozzy wrote:
    Stop ignoring me! I'll catch up

its a long time (our season 1---when in the last few weeks it was myself and d-fens that could only win the league) since fozzy was out of it. fozzy ran away, big time, with season 2 and could have won season 3 also. So it seems strange not to have fozzy in the running.

To be honest, my team for week 10 is amazing, i am sure i have called all the shots right, i hope. I will talk more about it when the deadline closes. i cant see fozzy winning this season, sorry. But i cant be 100% sure, as i said before , myself, vince and fozzy are just that damn good that we can never be wrote off.

fozzy would have to have a super amazing team to win.

I wonder will myself and vince pick different teams, our teams have been 60% to 77% the same most weeks. somehow i reckon they will look the same. I will admit something, i am a bit worried about one of the weekly shows, RAW, ECW or SD, i will not say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I take it you haven't heard the BIG rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 deathray 4000

what "BIG" rumour

• Advertisement

UFC are probably buying Pride!

Seriously no big wrestling rumor triple h...trust me.

Watch out for the mind games triple h!

But seriously, I think I heard this rumour too

Fozzy wrote:
    Watch out for the mind games triple h!

True. sure dont us top guys do it most weeks. I have noticed and wrote one or two sly messages at times. The funny thing is (and some will know this), is to write something true to confuse the hell out of people. to be at the top you have to play dirty, sometimes.

This has to be my riskiest (sp?) team to date, but at the same time I think some guys are money (or points) in the bank. Confused? Me to!!

I'm not happy with my team, there's goin to have to be some last minute changes! The deadline should be midnight here tonight, seeing as our clocks went forward over the weekend

• Advertisement

I am very very happy with my team. I have made 2 changes since i picked it on saturday morning, but they were small changes which i will explain in a few hours time, the basic foundation i laid is still in place. i cant wait to show my team off anf to see vince's and fozzy's team, even though fozzy is-out-of-it.

During this season i found that up to week 8 was hard to pick a team, but last week and this week i have found easy.

I've got something to reveal myself come midnight. Don't forget that I scored better than you last week triple h!

Come on Fozzy, the deadline has passed and the league has been won! Reveal your secret!!

My week 10 team
    I will score 200 points minimum on sunday. for sure. I worked it out.
    I picked the ecw new breed guys, why ?---value for money
    I did not want to pick ashley, but value for money was the logical choice.
    I was going to pick Orton, but after reading vince’s mind game message i started to dig for info and after what i read i reckon i had to pick matt hardy. ( i said a few weeks ago that matt would win money in the bank). If matt wins it will prove what i reckon to be ---that the winner of these matches are for wrestlers in their 30’s that look like they are going stale and wwe have plans for them.
    I reckon melina. cena, lashley and mvp will win. could be wrong, dont know.
    I picked jillian cause i had one million left over to spend. could be a pillow fight too.
    Shawn, cena, taker and edge cost too much.
    I am worried about my raw score this week.
    I will work out tomorrow what i reckon our WM scores will be, i am hungry now after playing football, i need food quick.

I have 11 players, Vince has 10
    We share 6

ME===MVP---Jillian---Matt---Corvon--Thorn

Vince===Taker---Little B---Umaga---Khali

Looks like i have the better mania team, not sure yet. I dont think fozzy has a good team.

My week 10 team
    I will score 200 points minimum on sunday. for sure. I worked it out.
    I picked the ecw new breed guys, why ?---value for money
    I did not want to pick ashley, but value for money was the logical choice.
    I was going to pick Orton, but after reading vince’s mind game message i started to dig for info and after what i read i reckon i had to pick matt hardy. ( i said a few weeks ago that matt would win money in the bank). If matt wins it will prove what i reckon to be ---that the winner of these matches are for wrestlers in their 30’s that look like they are going stale and wwe have plans for them.
    I reckon melina. cena, lashley and mvp will win. could be wrong, dont know.
    I picked jillian cause i had one million left over to spend. could be a pillow fight too.
    Shawn, cena, taker and edge cost too much.
    I am worried about my raw score this week.
    I will work out tomorrow what i reckon our WM scores will be, i am hungry now after playing football, i need food quick.

I have 11 players, Vince has 10
    We share 6

ME===MVP---Jillian---Matt---Corvon--Thorn

Vince===Taker---Little B---Umaga---Khali

Looks like i have the better mania team, not sure yet. I dont think fozzy has a good team.

Well, it's not really a secret but I didn't want to say anything the other night. I was able to view Vince's and triple h's teams yesterday. I saw triple h's ECW picks, and I don't think it's a great idea. I had my guys picked already, basically all the challengers for the titles, 2 cheap guys in the MITB match, and Batista, who I think will score more than Cena, who I thought Vince had picked the other night, I forget now. I think Kane's goin to use some weapons on Khali to win. When I saw Vince's and triple h's teams, it actually put my mind at ease a bit more. Very different teams, which is the only way I can win

And funnily enough, I'm not able to see their teams at the moment!

Fozzy wrote:
    Well, it's not really a secret but I didn't want to say anything the other night. I was able to view Vince's and triple h's teams yesterday.

And funnily enough, I'm not able to see their teams at the moment!

How?
    that is strange fozzy.

If i had that power i would have copied vince's team all the way and i would have won the league for sure.

You are too far back fozzy to win the league.

I thought my ecw picks was a stroke of genius, work it out fozzy and you will see that my team could score the most if all goes right. The points the new breed get even if they lose is not to be sniffed cause they all cost 9 million to buy.

RAW did not go too bad for me last night.
    fozzy scored the most last night.
    vince i reckon will be about 20 points ahead of me
    I should gain back that 20 before mania, i hope. I was lucky with raw last night, i did not expect to score much last night and i was worried before raw started.

I have no idea how I was able to. I just clicked on your teams and then on week 10, and you's had different people to your week 9 picks. That thing I said at the top of this page about not being happy with my team wasn't true, it was just in case one of you's could see my team! I'm very pleased with how Raw turned out for me! I still think my 2 MITB picks could outscore your entire ECW team, and they only cost 6 and a half million. Although you have Matt Hardy too..so I'll say that I think Punk could outscore your entire ECW team! Hahaha, wouldn't it be ironic if the New Breed lads helped Punk win MITB?!

Sadly I think its safe to assume I've lost.

Sorry Vince, I really am just that damn good

• Advertisement

WHAT WE SCORED IN RAW

OH, KING VIN LEFT THE LEAGUE

1 XXX Treme 120
    2 Fozzstars 106
    3 The Reganio Foundation 100
    4 Marsh magic 92
    5 The Game's Revenge 83
    6 The Devilship 81
    7 afternoon delights 74
    8 the great equalizer reclaims 71
    9 Irony is a dead scene 60

HOW WE LOOK

1 the great equalizer reclaims 2264
    2 Fozzstars 2155
    3 XXX Treme 2051
    4 The Reganio Foundation 1968
    5 Marsh magic 1958
    6 The Game's Revenge 1907
    7 afternoon delights 1765
    8 Irony is a dead scene 1722
    9 The Devilship 1711

I knew i would do bad in raw, but i am very happy with that raw score i got.

A FEW HOURS LATER ( after vince's new friends chase him away )
    1 King Vin 2273
    jesus, i was full sure you would be 20 points ahead of me after raw. RAW really went well for me.

You had two Raw superstars though triple h, I only had one! And I'm due some more points, Punk won with his finisher but he hasn't been credited with that yet

Don't worry I'm coming back. I just wanted to check on where I was in the other league I was in. I was first out of 35. I should never have left!

I'll come back and take my beating.

Fozzy wrote:
    You had two Raw superstars though triple h, I only had one! And I'm due some more points, Punk won with his finisher but he hasn't been credited with that yet

Fozzy you are full sure you are going to win this league. I tell you what fozzy
    if you win this league i will shave my head bald and if I or vince ( who seems to have given up on winning, which i find strange) win this league you must shave your head bald.

VINCE
    I dont know why you are giving up. True i can score more than you if all goes right in mania and my minimum score is still pretty damn high.But the weekly shows might not go my way and i think that could be the key more so than mania, its going fozzy's way so far.
    I could just imagine your new friends chasing you away when you rejoined them and of course you ( as good old jr would say) " ran away like a scalded dog"

But after saying all that, i am pretty damn certain that next monday i will be called the 2 time champion. fingers crossed of course

I'm just reviewing my team and i'm pretty confident about it after RAW. The only worry I have is Jimmy Wang Yang. Heres hoping he is added to the card on SmackDown! and that he wins the title!

Hahaha, you're on triple h! But only if Vince shaves his head if I win. It's only fair if I'm shavin my head if he wins. I've got this week in the bag

Fozzy wrote:
    Hahaha, you're on triple h! But only if Vince shaves his head if I win. It's only fair if I'm shavin my head if he wins. I've got this week in the bag

Well I did offer a loser leaves town stipulation at the start of the league!

So if/when I lose, I'll head off into the sunset, a broken king. There will be no head shaved however.

Well to be honest fozzy, i dont think i am fair to you, cause i dont want to shave my head and i know you cant win.

Anyway i looked up the ECW report from last night, I DID NOT LOOK AT THE SMACK DOWN REPORT.

Now bear in mind it is hard to do scores out when looking at a report cause watching it on tv is way better. but this is what i reckoned we scored last night on ecw ----
    ME----40 points aprox
    Vince----9 points aprox
    Fozzy----28 points aprox.
    I find that when i watch a show i am dead-on with the scores, but reading a report i am usually wrong. but i am not too far wrong i reckon.

Well I did offer a loser leaves town stipulation at the start of the league!

So if/when I lose, I'll head off into the sunset, a broken king..

And as i said no person should leave. We are all (boards.ie) friends here, or, are we vince ?. Even when you back stabbed us we still welcomed you back and the door is always opened for you in our league.

BUT----i reckon you should commit to one league, decide before it starts. if you want to play with your new friends in the next league, well go play with them. No hard feelings here. And if you want to join us again some time in the future well come back to us. But please dont be here one week and gone the next. In fairness to you you stayed in here to 'take your beating', not only because your new friends would not like it, but it looks like you have a conscience. ( away from point--- people would often say to me 'did you hear the wind and rain last night, it was bad' and i would reply ' no, i slept like a log, i have a clear conscience'--looks like you sleep well at night too vince)

• Advertisement

triple h wrote:
    And as i said no person should leave. We are all (boards.ie) friends here, or, are we vince ?. Even when you back stabbed us we still welcomed you back and the door is always opened for you in our league.

Stabbing is of an overstatement!

I just watched ECW and I think the scores you've come up with a slightly off, triple h. The way I work it out to be is

Me - 49
    triple h - 52
    Vince - 11

That still leaves you 32 points behind me for the week, although they still haven't given Punk his finishing move victory points..this had better not be one of their stupid board rulings that doesn't count for some stupid reason!

I'm not going to read any SD spoilers this week either, although considering I have the most SD guys on my team, it might give me a bit of an advantage. But it doesn't seem to matter which show you're on this week really

well fozzy if you watched it, you are most likely right, its the only way to get a true figure. reading a report is not the same.

what we scored RAW / ECW

1 XXX Treme 209
    very very impressive
    2 The Reganio Foundation 203
    very very impressive too
    3 Fozzstars 166
    4 The Devilship 160
    5 the great equalizer reclaims 129
    6 The Game's Revenge 125
    7 Marsh magic 119
    8 afternoon delights 102
    9 King Vin 102
    10 Irony is a dead scene 90

HOW WE STAND HEADING INTO SD

1 the great equalizer reclaims 2322
    2 King Vin 2287
    3 Fozzstars 2215
    4 XXX Treme 2140
    5 The Reganio Foundation 2071
    6 Marsh magic 1985
    7 The Game's Revenge 1949
    8 afternoon delights 1793
    9 The Devilship 1790
    10 Irony is a dead scene 1752

The eight MITB guys are the top ranked guys so far this week. But the main eventers will probably pay off better in the end. I don't think the MITB guys will have much of a presence on SD. I misread those points and thought I was 200 points behind first place. No such worries though

Good news on Punk! I got those finishing move points!

scores so far this week sat 31/3/7 ( from RAW/ECW/SD)
    1 XXX Treme 291
    sweet jesus
    2 The Reganio Foundation 245
    3 Fozzstars 237
    4 The Devilship 205
    5 the great equalizer reclaims 194
    6 The Game's Revenge 187
    7 Marsh magic 170
    8 afternoon delights 150
    9 King Vin 142
    10 Irony is a dead scene 141

HOW WE LOOK HEADING INTO MANIA

1 the great equalizer reclaims 2387
    2 King Vin 2327
    3 Fozzstars 2286
    4 XXX Treme 2222
    5 The Reganio Foundation 2113
    6 Marsh magic 2036
    7 The Game's Revenge 2011
    8 afternoon delights 1841
    9 The Devilship 1835
    10 Irony is a dead scene 1803

Looks like we dont need mania to confirm i won the league.

• Advertisement

Haha! You're a gas man, triple h. I'm only 101 points behind you. That's nothing when Wrestlemania is here

The top scorer so far this week has 415 points, hahaha. Crazy

triple h wrote:
    Looks like we dont need mania to confirm i won the league.

Your only 60 points ahead of Vince, I wouldn't go cromwing yourself a 2-time champ yet!

Minto wrote:
    Your only 60 points ahead of Vince, I wouldn't go cromwing yourself a 2-time champ yet!

I would. I'm sunk.

I would. I'm sunk.

Thats no attitude to have Vince!

vince is correct.

If all of my guys get min. points and all vince's get max points it will be a close call.

this is what i have worked out and what i expect people to score in mania APROX.

ME
    170 min ----285 max
    __230________
    VINCE
    150 min
    235 max ( remember i am 60 ahead of vince)
    ___278_______
    FOZZY
    125 min
    245 max
    _____195_____
    JONGORE----160 min
    195 max
    ____205_______

Vince see's the true story, can ye see it now.
    two time champion, i like the sound of that, hehe hehe heheh

For a laugh i will come back after mania and write the scores we got in mania (in the _____ section above) to see how right or wrong i was, but i reckon i am right.

• Advertisement

245 max? I can get a lot more than that!

Fozzy wrote:
    245 max? I can get a lot more than that!

thats true you might, but i put everyone on the same scoring level. so if your max goes up so does mine.

i know what you are saying fozzy that i could still lose and you are kind of right, but ye have a big big hill to climb and i ( on my bike) am on the far side going down. Now i might fall and hurt my knees and that is your chance to catch me.

Wrestlemania scores:

1 XXX Treme 496
    2 Marsh magic 465
    3 Fozzstars 432
    4 the great equalizer reclaims 424
    5 The Reganio Foundation 423
    6 King Vin 420
    7 afternoon delights 414
    8 The Game's Revenge 396
    9 The Devilship 353
    10 Irony is a dead scene 322

Overall scores:

1 the great equalizer reclaims 2617
    2 King Vin 2605
    3 Fozzstars 2481
    4 XXX Treme 2427
    5 Marsh magic 2331
    6 The Reganio Foundation 2291
    7 The Game's Revenge 2220
    8 afternoon delights 2105
    9 Irony is a dead scene 1984
    10 The Devilship 1983

WWE have ****ed up the results. You'd think they'd have gotten it right after the biggest show of the year. Ah well, I guess we'll just have to assume who the rightful champ is. Congratulations to triple h until we find out

Ok I am champ, i knew i would win.

But tomorrow, thats tuesday 3rd of april at 7 o'clock (irish time) evening when it will be official. scores could change a bit between then, but i cant imagine losing my 12 point lead.

Mania was bad for me, i backed a lot of losers.

FOZZY
    WHAT DID YOU EXPECT THE SCORES TO BE ? WHAT DID WWE F UP ?

Khali and taker did very well for vince, very very well.

triple h wrote:
    Mania was bad for me, i backed a lot of losers

Yea, me to! Although, I think I made one or two really stupid mistakes e.g. Jimmy Wang Yang

Well done triple h. The king is dead (until next time!), long live the king.

Hey lads, i am in a baseball fantasy league here in boards.ie, this is the table so far

1. triple h 52.5
    2. RedSoxBliss 43.5
    3. BlueJayinExile 43
    4. Zuutroy's Jays 40
    5. Killer Bs 35
    6. The Hurlers 33
    6. decies red sox 33

Am i good or what?

Why am i showing ye this ???
    Answer---who is going to stop me in the next wrestling league?

triple h wrote:
    Why am i showing ye this ???
    Answer---who is going to stop me in the next wrestling league?

WTF???

@triple h=Why can't you be a gracious (sp?) winner like Vince was last time?

@everybody else=We need to get him off his throne in the next league lads. Vince, don't you dare leave this league, you need to try to reclaim your spot and the rest of us need to claim it.

Minto wrote:
    WTF???

@triple h=Why can't you be a gracious (sp?) winner like Vince was last time?

@everybody else=We need to get him off his throne in the next league lads. Vince, don't you dare leave this league, you need to try to reclaim your spot and the rest of us need to claim it.

Was I gracious last time? I thought I milked it a bit.

Triple H is the super heel of the league with all the promos he cuts on people!

I see myself more of a Dusty Rhodes figure (without the belly but with the polka dots) of the league.......if you will.

Was I gracious last time? I thought I milked it a bit.

You were looking for money off me I think, from a non-existant bet!

I think the reason I didn't win is because I took a few weeks off. Didn't really perform to my best. I only really started watching WWE regularly again at the start of the league, so I'll make sure to do my research before the next one. I should have learned from the last time

• Advertisement
Advertisement