Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

season 4 fantasy (results and comments)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    You were looking for money off me I think, from a non-existant bet!

I have no recollection of that but its probably true !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

When we first started this league business i was worried that i would be too good, I reckoned that i would win 50% of the the total number of leagues we would have. So far i am right.

If one person is too good, numbers will fall over the years. One never knows what the future will be like. Did ainyone imagine 12 years ago that the internet would grow into this. What will it be like in 12 years time ? It would be great if wwe was still around in 70 years time ( yes lads we will make it to 100 years of age, so they say.) and we still had our little league going and i would be 35 time champion, double rick flair.

But lets be real here. I am that damn good. I would guess we will stop our league in the next 5 years, why ???? loads of reasons, getting married and family( been 2 reasons) and could you imagine us all here in 70 years time talking wrestling ? it would be great, but i cant see it.

Well, i reckon people will get bored with me winning, lets look at some facts here. 1st--vince wants to join his 35 new friends cause he can beat them, 2nd---i think fozzy has lost it, he was good one week, bad the next, he was jumping up and down like a mad man,Also fozzy was full sure, even on the last day that he could win the league, the old fozzy would have known. I dont think Fozzy's marbles will last till 100 years of age. And last of all----who does that leave to challenge me ? minto!!!!! jongore!!!!!! reganio2!!!!!, i might get bored. Ye guys have to raise the bar, but there is another problem, i will be able to jump it. hheheheheheheh hehhe heheh

triple h wrote:
    When we first started this league business i was worried that i would be too good, I reckoned that i would win 50% of the the total number of leagues we would have. So far i am right.

If one person is too good, numbers will fall over the years. One never knows what the future will be like. Did ainyone imagine 12 years ago that the internet would grow into this. What will it be like in 12 years time ? It would be great if wwe was still around in 70 years time ( yes lads we will make it to 100 years of age, so they say.) and we still had our little league going and i would be 35 time champion, double rick flair.

But lets be real here. I am that damn good. I would guess we will stop our league in the next 5 years, why ???? loads of reasons, getting married and family( been 2 reasons) and could you imagine us all here in 70 years time talking wrestling ? it would be great, but i cant see it.

Well, i reckon people will get bored with me winning, lets look at some facts here. 1st--vince wants to join his 35 new friends cause he can beat them, 2nd---i think fozzy has lost it, he was good one week, bad the next, he was jumping up and down like a mad man,Also fozzy was full sure, even on the last day that he could win the league, the old fozzy would have known. I dont think Fozzy's marbles will last till 100 years of age. And last of all----who does that leave to challenge me ? minto!!!!! jongore!!!!!! reganio2!!!!!, i might get bored. Ye guys have to raise the bar, but there is another problem, i will be able to jump it. hheheheheheheh hehhe heheh

5 star post. You are a great man.

On a side note, I see no reason why I can't triple h, combine marriage and raring children with wrestling fantasy leagues! I'm in the for the long haul.

I do think we should try and encourage some of the more regular posters (fatal, rebel rock chick, mr. nice guy, double c, krudler etc...) to join though to boost the numbers.

Kentonbomb versus triple h for example would be fine entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I haven't lost it at all, the competition just got slightly better, not to mention luckier. The old Fozzy wouldn't have known - he would have won. And he'll be making his return, older than ever

More people should join. The next season probably won't be til 10 weeks before Summerslam I'd say, which I'm guessin is about 8 weeks away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm making it official right now. Triple H, YOU are a marked man!

You have run yuor mouth about being a 2 time champion, keep it up! While you are bragging (see his sig), the rest of us will be improving and honing our skills!

My crosshairs are aimed in your direction Triple H and the Sniper never misses! Team Sniper will be victorious in Season 5! I guaran-damn-tee it!

here is the 3rd and final fantasy league i am in right now, baseball agian i love it.
    I joined cbs.com baseball league.......... long story... did not intend on joining at first...
    The boards.ie people are in yahoo.com baseball fantasy.
    my name in cbs.com is 'irishguy' , well it is full of americans

1 SoPaulo 68.0
    2 Jonesvi 62.0
    3 KOTEAUK 52.5
    4 Irishguy 49.5
    5 Curly 46.0
    6 Running 39.0
    7 Bravesf 36.5
    8 eskomos 34.0
    9 MARRINA 29.5
    10 Landlor 23.0

these are americans who most likely have been watching baseball all their lives, looks like i can beat them. one would think these guys would be better, maybe they are good, maybe i am god.

What are ye going to do to stop me?

triple h wrote:
    maybe i am god...What are ye going to do to stop me?

Caeser thought he was a god, look at what happened to him!

I do think we should try and encourage some of the more regular posters (fatal, rebel rock chick, mr. nice guy, double c, krudler etc...) to join though to boost the numbers.

more people for me to beat, god some people..... glutton for punishment .... some people have....

Minto wrote:
    I'm making it official right now. Triple H, YOU are a marked man!

You have run yuor mouth about being a 2 time champion, keep it up! While you are bragging (see his sig), the rest of us will be improving and honing our skills!

My crosshairs are aimed in your direction Triple H and the Sniper never misses! Team Sniper will be victorious in Season 5! I guaran-damn-tee it!

Do your talking in the league buddy.

I like what fozzy says, when he says the next league will be in 8 weeks aprox. lets see 8 weeks plus maybe 12 for the next league. that means i will be your champion for the next 20 weeks, nearly half a year.

• Advertisement

triple h wrote:
    Do your talking in the league buddy.

I've taken it lightly before, but not anymore! I hereby challenge you to a loser leaves the WWE league, whereby whichever of us is further back in the league by the end, never enters the boadrs.ie wwe fantasy league again, how does that sound? buddy!

Minto wrote:
    I've taken it lightly before, but not anymore! I hereby challenge you to a loser leaves the WWE league, whereby whichever of us is further back in the league by the end, never enters the boadrs.ie wwe fantasy league again, how does that sound? buddy!

I made that challenge at the start of this league. In hindsight I'm glad triple h didn't accept!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm going to be in training for all these weeks though, so look out. I'll be picking my guys and adding up their scores, using the most sophisticated technology available to analyse and disect exactly where the key points get earned. I'll be studying the picks of the last three overall league winners and runners-up meticulously, running the numbers through my computer to uncover the ultimate strategy. When it comes time to perform, I'll be right up there on the top. Keep my throne warm, triple h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

And Ill start watching wrestling again.

TBH I am quite suprised with how well i done this time as I havent watched wrestling since Jeff Hardy lost to Khali or just after HHH got injured. I dont read wrestling sites so I was going on pure guesswork every week and I think I did quite well. I am going to start watching Raw, Smackdown and maybe ECW on a regular basis just to prove someone like me, Minto and Jongore can shut up the "Power 3". You run your mouth now Triple there are 5 of us and then whoever joins next season breathing down your neck just you wait.

I made that challenge at the start of this league. In hindsight I'm glad triple h didn't accept!

Wel, tbh, I don't really have the time anymore to do it properly, so if I lose this next one and I probably will, it'll be a way to retire with a bit of a bang! I've been doing this since they made it free and I think its time I got out of it. Give some more things a try! So Triple H, do you or do you not accept my challenge?

Minto wrote:
    Wel, tbh, I don't really have the time anymore to do it properly, so if I lose this next one and I probably will, it'll be a way to retire with a bit of a bang! I've been doing this since they made it free and I think its time I got out of it. Give some more things a try! So Triple H, do you or do you not accept my challenge?

Minto why dont you get someone to scrub that yellow streak of paint off your back cause it sounds like you are ready to run like a scalded dog.

Do i accept your challenge. NO.

I want to win 50% of the leagues we do and i will achieve that goal. I reckon it's awful nice of me to let the rest of ye share 50% of the wins.

• Advertisement

Wel, let me tell you something, Mean Gene. Triple H's god complex has given me an idea, brother. Why don't I change the terms of the bet? Make it more interesting, brother. If Triple H doesn't come 1st, he leaves town, never to be seen or heard of again and if I don't finish top 3, I leave. Simple as that. **Looks away from Mean Gene towards camera** You think your the bee's knees of fantasy wrestling and baseball, well put your money where your mouth is, brother. And ask yourself this question, Whatcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do when Minto and all these screaming Minto-maniacs run wild on you?

The only way i will 'leave town' is if i come dead last in the league. I know that will never happen, so i guess i am here forever.

Vince was talking about more guys joining the next league, bring them all on i say. I remember some of those guys joined one year and never returned again, for example mr nice guy, ( one of the guys vince mentioned ) he joined one year and let me say that i never once broke out in a sweat any week looking at his team, funny enough i did not sweat much in our season 4 come to think of it now, only a little (which vince caused.)

Fozzy is losing it for sure, he told me his plan. Now i have to do the same. It looks like now i will be the overall winner in wwe fantasy never mind our league, thats if this plan goes well.

I should get some respect around here, i should be called ' the rated god boardster" or something like that.

so lets see----
    1) fozzy is losing it
    2) minto is a mintomaniac
    3) reganio 2 pretends he does not watch wrestling, although there had to be an reason for some of those picks most weeks, but still !!!!!!!!!

i reckon that should be the last word in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

triple h wrote:
    reganio 2 pretends he does not watch wrestling, although there had to be an reason for some of those picks most weeks, but still !!!!!!!!!
    I dont care if you dont believe me look at my team for the past 2-3 weeks it hasnt changed. The loser leaves the league is pointless and i think it shouldnt be done as we are trying to encouraage people to join but we are getting rid of one of the regulars its stupid really.

Reganio 2 wrote:
    The loser leaves the league is pointless and i think it shouldnt be done as we are trying to encouraage people to join but we are getting rid of one of the regulars its stupid really.

yes yes yes, i agree

"Nobody should be made leave the league"

and now i will say it in double dutch ( in case some are confused)

"niemand zou tot verlof de liga moeten worden gemaakt"
    "niemand zou tot verlof de liga moeten worden gemaakt"

Advertisement