Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is up with Ents this year?

Options
  • 20-12-2006 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

I just want to say that this year Ents has been a disaster. In first and second year they didn't do much but at least what they did was good, Anto Kelly picked it up for 3rd year but this year is unmitigated disaster after disaster.

Holly needs to get her act together. I see her at these events running around solving problems looking harried and hassled whereas Anto Kelly was relaxed and enjoying himself. Why?
    Anto seemed to have all the problems sorted out beforehand or was capable of dealing with and anticipating any problems out there. Each new problem seems to catch Holly by surprise.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she tries hard, but she needs to do something rapido before a huge financial calamity hits (apart from the fresher's ball...we don't count the first one!)

The standard of event and the quality and organisation of each one has been quite poor....it bothers me....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

What does disspoint me is the death of open mic night.Its such a pity.
    Has anyone been to any ents events this year?Are the any good?
    I heared an even being advertised on Spin last Wedensday for Mundy in Bondi which I thouight very odd as it was slap bang in the middle/start of exmas. They were giving away free tickets on Spin so ticket sales must have been poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she tries hard, but she needs to do something rapido before a huge financial calamity hits

TBh she has a lot of help from Mike Pat and Skinny, the head duo in Qsoc. They know what they're doing when it comes to nite club events

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I was at the launch night back aeons ago at the start of the year. It was a good night but there was only a handful of people there-no more then 50 I'd say and at least 20 of them were su hacks who had gotten free tickets (I didn't cos I bought my ticket beforehand bah humbug and all).

Ain't been to one since

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I can't wait for someone to make the "woman doing a man's job" comment. Then I predict this thread will be locked about 20 posts later after Panda and....oh let's say, The_Van, have dooked it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Absolutely not!

In fact I voted for Holly against all the other men!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

TheVan wrote:
    Absolutely not!

In fact I voted for Holly against all the other men!
    *Cups hands and holds them in front of chest*

eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Sangre wrote:
    *Cups hands and holds them in front of chest*

eh?
    There was someone who was rumoured to be going for deputy-president, but sadly isn't, who you would have had to buy big fake foam gloves to imitate like that. It's sad that so many oppurtunities for filthy degrading jokes will be missed because one person selfishly decided that she wasn't suitable for the job.:mad:. It's a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

There was someone who was rumoured to be going for deputy-president, but sadly isn't, who you would have had to buy big fake foam gloves to imitate like that. It's sad that so many oppurtunities for filthy degrading jokes will be missed because one person selfishly decided that she wasn't suitable for the job.:mad:. It's a disgrace.

I thought 'that person' was still going for Deputy President?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

Chakar and Firespinner

has "that" person removed her intenetion to run from the Deputy President election race?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

If it's a private conversation is this thread the place for it?

humbert : no it isnt.. sorry I was just hoping the other two would elaborate. I should have included that its not just ents that inactive this year but the majority of sabats not bothering to represent the general student interest or concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

humbert wrote:
    If it's a private conversation is this thread the place for it?
    You bet me to it.

cast_iron wrote:
    You bet me to it.

you know where the report button is

also there is a thread on the Newswire about this exactly . Impeaching Dan Hayden for his failure to act in his presidential capacity. I wont put the link up because of the Newswire / Boards thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

it's all the "this person" stuff that I'm talking about. It's deliberately being vague so that only certain people know what you are talking about. That to me seems inappropriate on a public forum but anywho it's not up to me so I'll leave it at that

the other posters didnt mention her name so I decided not to. I assume they are talking about Ciara Brennan. Its not really important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Actually I'm pretty sure they mean 'that person'

Mods feel free to delete if inappropriate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Never mind Pantsless The Minister was so vague about what he was talking about so I jumped to conclusions.

On a different note I think I will plan to get into the clubs early and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

All UCD students had 6 candidates to choose from last year, in my mind at least there was only one who was capable. Ye get what you deserve!!

In my opinion Enda Donoghue would have done a fantastic job. (the guy in the batman suit) . I remember talking to him after the results and he seemed pretty pissed off "its not what you know, its who you know" kinda thing going on

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

We're stuck with holly irvine, even though in my four years here (anyone seen my walking stick?) i've never seen a worse ents officer than holly. Some went in for different things more than others - many took the 'beers and guitars' approach which can get a bit monotonous but at least they had a vibrant ents calendar. Holly is essentially a Spinny dressed up as a sabbat. She seems to know nothing about ents organisation, has a poor grasp of the student demographic and is just a plain failure.

Removing this incompetent ents officer might send a sharp signal to both the current and future sabbats that bad quality work has no place in the SU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

There have definitely been worse Ents officers than Holly Irvine. Sure she's not doing the greatest job, but it could be worse!

Whoever the guy was before Anto Kelly did NOTHING! As a clueless first year I didnt even know there was an Ents officer until the Sabbat elections came around. The only event I remember being on was the disastrous Fresher's Ball when half the people with tickets didnt get to go! I'm sure there were more, but it was nowhere near the volume we're seeing this year, and especially the amount there was last year.

She has a tough act to follow. Even though Anto Kelly's events got very monotonous by the end of the year, there were so many and they were so well publicised that everyone knew what he was doing. It's tough to keep that going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

beanyb wrote:

Whoever the guy was before Anto Kelly did NOTHING! As a clueless first year I didnt even know there was an Ents officer until the Sabbat elections came around. The only event I remember being on was the disastrous Fresher's Ball when half the people with tickets didnt get to go! I'm sure there were more, but it was nowhere near the volume we're seeing this year, and especially the amount there was last year.

Couldnt agree more with this. Geroid Cashmann was the worst ents officer ever.He did less then Holly did but didnt get as much slack cos he was a bloke.
    Hollys had some decent nights at least like the christams ball,the halloween ball and the freshers ball. Also shes the first ents officer Ive seen that has organised an ents night for the quinn school.

Guys please,its really degrading for 'that person' for you to keep on talking about her breast size like this.Its really uncomfortable to read and the poor girl doesnt deserve it.
    Look past the fact that 'they' have breast!So do many of the blokes on council!!You dont hear me degrading them do ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Women just can't do a man's job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Lads, it was me who edited out the name before and I've edited it out again. Show a bit of fookin' class.

edit -i dont know what Holly actually looks like, so I'm not being *that* hypocritical.

Advertisement