Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderation Question

Options
  • 20-12-2006 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

First, this isnt a complaint.

Second, I am just curious about how the Moderation system on boards is setup, I havent used vB and am curious to know if the same system could be setup on an IPB forum.

The only thing that I cant figure out is the banning part, is it a native vB feature to allow certain members or moderators the ability to ban users from the sections they moderate, or is that a vB mod that one of you guys coded in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

IIRC It's modified and the default is that someone either has the right to ban from anywhere or no banning rights, with moderators having edit, lock, delete, merge rights only.

This would need either the admins and s-mods (who didn't exist when this mod was done) to do all bannings or the hundreds of mods to have banning rights everywhere, neither of which would work well.

Advertisement