Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LEATHER:what you think of this coat

• 20-12-2006 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

looking at getting a new leather coat but everyone saying leather is out?saw some nice ones online

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

it's nice, i like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Quality stuff indeed Sarah, they make some really nice stuff. I've bought my missus some stuff from them and they are really nice to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

uch!! Who gives a **** what's ''out''? It's just a coat.. this is why i don't like this place hahaha

On the other hand, i don't actually like the coat, but not cos it's leather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

That's a snazzy coat. I'd say if you had one too many Mars bars over the Christmas, it might show though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

are you serious???no thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

sarah lk wrote:
    looking at getting a new leather coat but everyone saying leather is out?saw some nice ones online

You would need a very good body to pull it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

The Sunday Times told me leather was in. It does depend on the leather though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭sarah lk

very serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I like the coat. My dad was a fashion designer for years so I know how the system works, I always think that it is better to be ahead of fashion/ignore the trends and be yourself, you will be far happier in the long run. It looks like a classic coat to me that you will get many years of enjoyment from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Just because your dad was a fashion designer means **** all for you. I think that coat looks bad on the woman in the photo, but could look good on some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Lump wrote:
    Just because your dad was a fashion designer means **** all for you. I think that coat looks bad on the woman in the photo, but could look good on some people.
    I am just saying that I know how the system works, the think of new fashion styles each year to drive sales, that is all...I think that the fashion industry is very superficial, if something looks well on you it does. I do think that you would have to be skinny to wear the coat though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Go for it, you have my blessing.

In fairness Sarah, leather is never really in, so I wouldn't worry about what is fashionable at the moment and what isn't. Someone like yourself wears leather not because it's fashionable, but because you want to, it appeals to you. Who cares what anyone else thinks?
    It looks cool and if you like it, then that's all you really need.

The closest I reckon leather has to being fashionable must be this french designer: http://www.jitrois.com , some nice idea's in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭.:Who:.

sarah lk wrote:

I really like that coat! I am thinking about getting a leather jacket myself, but its hard to find one that I really like.
    As for leather being out, screw that ****! Says who?
    If so we will just follow the 80's fashion that is so "in" now.
    I say go for it! Leather jackets rock! :D

yeah think i'll get it or a nice full length one..

sarah lk wrote:
    yeah think i'll get it or a nice full length one..

Let me know what you go for. I've been trying to get a nice 3/4 or preferably full lenght one for my missus.

you know any good leather shops in ireland

sarah lk wrote:
    you know any good leather shops in ireland

I'm sure there are a few, but the only places I know off are The Sheepskin Shop in The Ilac shopping centre in Dublin and Donnelly Leather on Harcourt Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'm sorry, I really do not like it :( Reminds me of the Matrix. Everyone had long black coats about 6 years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Id have to say no to that coat .

Really dont like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

Black leather never goes out of fashion. 30s, 50s, 70s, right up to the present -when was it ever 'out'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

That has to be the worst coat i've ever seen
    To be blunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Looks great to me!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think the coat is alright, but everything about the picture is wrong. Everything. I've never seen an item of clothing look worse on a model.

OP, if you're super skinny, it would be okay. Just don't take accessory tips from the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looks like fetish fashion imo. More rubbery than leather.
    Ok for Germans but over here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

She looks like a prostitute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

As long as there are men on the planet that look will never be out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think it is fetish wear. It says so on the side of the photo. But if you're into that why not? I wouldn't go near it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Hate it.

Also, if you're in any way unhappy with your body, it'll just make that imperfection more apparent (especially to yourself) due to its fit.

• Advertisement

didn't notice the fetish bit,i found it on ebay a german shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

I think it looks more like a leather dress than a coat. With that fit, how would you wear anything under it? ... or is that the point ?

guess its a coat id wear out clubbing,a nice dress or skirt and top underneath kinda the point lol

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

it seems nice, but id does seem like fetish ware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I don't like it, but you probably wouldn't like a lot of my clothes either.
    Each to their own I suppose, if you like it, go for it.

jesus im getting worried about the fetish thing is it not what the model is wearing with it

• Advertisement

The whole outfit is fetish wear, so the coat is part of that. If you're comfortable with it, go for it...

Although, you'd be a fool to buy something like that online without trying it on. There's far nicer leather coats around the place than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Faith wrote:
    The whole outfit is fetish wear, so the coat is part of that.

Tbh, while I'd agree that the whole outfit is very fetishy (Is that even a word?) I don't think any item of clothing on it's own is fetish gear.

It's just the culmination of so many leather items that gives the overall impression of a fetish outfit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tbh, while I'd agree that the whole outfit is very fetishy (Is that even a word?)

I believe that the word you're looking for is "Fetishistic." Of course, I'm only saying that because it sounds better.

Anyway, that coat will look good on some people, but I'd actually think about wearing it, walking in it, etc. That thing will probably be boiling, and you'd be closing it from your knees.

Also, leather is never out of fashion, but also never in fashion. That's why I wear leather coats, I couldn't be arsed trying to keep up with fashions, so I don't bother.

true might leave it off and look round here at home.anyone seen nice long leather coats?

something like this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I love leather jackets but don't like any of them....

what kind you like JC??

Your first choice was far better than the other two. Incidently, I bought my lady a dress from that seller, and they do have a good returns policy. If it doesn't fit properly, just send it back to them.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i do like that one.

a Major thing about leather jackets can be the shape of the Wearer, if the jacket isnt a good fit, then it can look terriable.

what kind of dress did you get her?wear it out?

http://www.crazy-outfits.de/shop/leder/kleider/DS-003.html

The one from the link above, she hasn't worn it out yet as she only just got it before christmas, but she really liked it and I have no doubt that it will be worn out at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

sarah lk wrote:
    what kind you like JC??
    I like ones that aren't as long really. Long ones could be nice I suppose, but agent smith said it best:
    a Major thing about leather jackets can be the shape of the Wearer, if the jacket isnt a good fit, then it can look terriable.
    It's all about who's wearing it....

wow your girlfriend must be brave

Well she is, but it's quite a sexy little dress and she has a great figure, so she can easily pull it off!

Did she ask you for it, or did you take it upon yourself to buy it as a surprise?

• Advertisement
Advertisement