Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LEATHER:what you think of this coat

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Faith wrote:
    Did she ask you for it, or did you take it upon yourself to buy it as a surprise?

No she didn't ask me, I took it upon myself to get it for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭sarah lk

i want one too!!if you want me buy me some leather thanks hehe

yeah i might try them leather shops in dublin when i go up saturday

sarah lk wrote:
    yeah i might try them leather shops in dublin when i go up saturday

You should at least pick up a few good deals in the one in the Ilac Centre.

yeah i'll try it.is there a place called the leather studio?

I know that name, but I can't say I know where it is, sorry!

has your girlfriend much leather?

sarah lk wrote:
    has your girlfriend much leather?

Ahh quite a bit:

Long leather jacket/dress
    Brown Thomas fawn colour leather suit
    Fawn leather skirt
    Tan leather skirt and jacket
    Jasper Conran black leather skirt
    Classic black leather jacket
    Black leather trousers
    Miss sixty trousers
    Dark brown leather trousers

And various different boots. She does have normal clothes too, and the lot listed here just tends to be for going out somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

All coats are fine if you don't mind looking like a hooker sarah lk:rolleyes:

This is the third thread of yours about this now, still haven't decided?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054878086&page=2

• Advertisement

so miss fluff i like coats,i got 2 since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Everything in this thread is just so vile. I imagine you could in theory get a very nice leather coat but the ones I've seen here... well, let's just say they wouldn't be the best outfits for a day trip to Ipswich.

ok whats so bad about this look which is what i go for:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Wow.. ugly jackets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

sarah lk wrote:
    That looks great to me. Can't understand why people have such a thing against leather clothes.

Doctor J wrote:
    That looks great to me. Can't understand why people have such a thing against leather clothes.

Have to agree with DoctorJ again, it looks great, though a longer version of your first post would be the business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

sarah lk wrote:

Nothing (if you don't mind looking like prostitute)

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Nothing (if you don't mind looking like prostitute)

Ahh now that's harsh.

thanks eo980!!!

Don't worry about it Sarah. If I was your boyfriend I'd be delighted at your choice of clothes. I think a lot of guys would be thrilled with what you decide to wear.
    Most of all though don't worry about what anyone else has to say. I think these kind of clothes are in your nature. If you like them and you feel comfortable, feck what anyone else has to say on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

sarah lk wrote:
    OMG, what an awful coat. Knack central, if you're planning on being a stunt double in the next part of The Matrix then you will fit in nicely :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

love leather that coat looks uncomfortable and impossible ot wear tho!
    Dosent evem flatter the modle whos a goodlookin woman...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sizzler wrote:
    OMG, what an awful coat. Knack central, if you're planning on being a stunt double in the next part of The Matrix then you will fit in nicely :o

Knack central?? I've never seen a knacker wearing a long black leather jacket, they tend to go for trackies....

As for the matrix nonsense, from what I see around campus not too many people wear this type of coat, so if like me you feel that less common=better than go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's a crying shame that some people confuse looking sexy with being a prostitute or a knacker. Personally, I think those clothes look great, definitley not the boring norm most of the clones around Dublin wear and it takes great self-confidence to wear something like that so fair play to you Sarah. It takes courage to stand out from the crowd. If you like it, wear it and good luck to you!

Fair play to you Doctor J, said so much better than I could manage!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

sarah lk wrote:
    looking at getting a new leather coat but everyone saying leather is out?saw some nice ones online

I don't like it sorry... It screams hooker :o maybe its just the model.. or the way she's standing... then again, nah its just not a nice jacket..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Knack central?? I've never seen a knacker wearing a long black leather jacket, they tend to go for trackies....

As for the matrix nonsense, from what I see around campus not too many people wear this type of coat, so if like me you feel that less common=better than go for it.

LOL...did you ever watch Glenroe ? Blackie Connors would have been proud of that coat ;)

The fact you used the term "around campus" says it all. Stick to your UCD crew my friend :p

Tip, go to Bruxelles tonight (downstairs) and see plenty of matrix-esque punters wearing such a coat, they also like heavy metal, but maybe thats not somewhere you would feel safe, you better stay "on campus" LOL ;)
    NB: I dont think the lads who wear these coats in Bruxelles are ladies of the night though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I like that last one, sarah lk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 teagan

Have to say,I don't like any of the coats on this thread. Hate them actually. Each to their own though I suppose.

thanks simu

any of the girls here have a nice leather coat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Geek Nose

sarah lk wrote:
    everyone saying leather is out?

How shallow. Maybe try just being yourself, and wearing what you like, whether it's "in" or "out"?

just asking what ppl think.i wear lots of leather and love it,some ppl say slutty but i don't care

Geek Nose wrote:
    How shallow. Maybe try just being yourself, and wearing what you like, whether it's "in" or "out"?

I don't think Sarah has a problem being herself! No harm in asking for people's opinions, especially when they are so ready to give them!

haha your the best eo980

Ahh no problems Sarah. I admire you for being you and not getting dragged down with all the negativity that some people have for you towards the way you chose to dress.

i pmed you im on msn now

What a lovely lady - it's been a pleasure speaking to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Leather's no more slutty than any other material, and like all other materials the overall appearance depends on the cut of the outfit.

The image posted in the first post on this thread is, in my opinion, bloody awful. The coat looks like PVC, not leather, the cut's bound to make you look like two pigs fighting under a blanket and honestly speaking, what else could you imagine it with other than thigh high FMBs? Anything remotely bulky underneath it is just going to show throw the coat.

I worked with a girl who bought an ankle length black leather coat in Italy - it was gorgeous. The cut was magnificent, it was tailored to her shape, very, very simple in its lines, sheer pockets, covered buttons, lined with padded dark purple silk. Would've cost upwards of €600 if she'd bought it in Ireland I reckon.

Advertisement