Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your WWE Moment of 2006

• 20-12-2006 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Thread title says it all really! For me 'twas being in Chicago at 'Mania to see Edge spearing Mick Foley through the flaming table! Closely followed by the reaction for Cena vs Hunter later that night :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah hhh/cena had a great crowd reaction,massive pop for when he did the dx chop,as for moments? to tell the truth there havent been that many,the crowd at one night stand made the event,esp during the cena rvd match
    the ladder match at armageddon is def up there,great match,one of those "this is why i watch wrestling" moments

oh and i got tickets to wrestlemania 23 and both raw shows in dublin,so that was cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

For me it was a particuliar verbal confrontation between Mick Foley and Ric Flair on Raw.

Plus Trish retiring by using the sharpshooter as the finish in Toronto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

For me, i'd say Edge's rivalry with Cena, Triple H, CM Punk debuting in WWECW and Armageddon's Ladder match (MOTY)! These all were great moments, I can't pick a single moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I would have to say Jeff Hardy returning and the ladder match against Nitro that was an awesome match. Didnt see the Armageddon Ladder match unforunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

edge, the rated r superstar becoming the wwe champion.

why?....because he deserved it. he is one of the most talented and entertaining wrestlers in the wwe today and he would match up well to many all time greats. The rated r superstar is going to be in the hall of fame for sure in the future, it is even silly of me to mention that because we all know it. The rated r superstar has given 110% in every match he was ever. That is why edge winning the wwe championship, which was well deserved, was my number one favourite moment of 2006.

Someone in the boards here (forget who) said one day that edge was the superstar of 2006. I agree 110% with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

triple h wrote:

why?....because he deserved it. he is one of the most talented and entertaining wrestlers in the wwe today and he would match up well to many all time greats. The rated r superstar is going to be in the hall of fame for sure in the future, it is even silly of me to mention that because we all know it. The rated r superstar has given 110% in every match he was ever. That is why edge winning the wwe championship, which was well deserved, was my number one favourite moment of 2006.

Someone in the boards here (forget who) said one day that edge was the superstar of 2006. I agree 110% with that.

Very well said! I think Edge should have won the belt about two years ago, but better late than never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was going to say for me that RVD winning the WWE title was the moment of the year. Edge winning it at NYR is very very close though. But it was more unlikely that RVD would ever win it, so I'll go with that moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    I was going to say for me that RVD winning the WWE title was the moment of the year. Edge winning it at NYR is very very close though. But it was more unlikely that RVD would ever win it, so I'll go with that moment

Ditto.

I also enjoyed Edge getting emotional at Unforgiven in Toronto before the match began. I remember how those same fans crapped all over him at Summerslam 2004 which was the event that triggered his heel turn.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

mine would definately be Jeff Hardy returning, also Edge spearing Foley trough the flaming tables, Edge spearing Cena after the elimination chamber NYR (twice) to win the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

completely agree with edge being THE star of 2006,anyone who can carry that clown cena to a decent feud deserves respect,ill be wearing my sex and violence t**** with pride at mania 23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

triple h wrote:

I think that was me. He is the man!
    My favourite moment of the year would be his match against Cena in Toronto.
    The Atomosphere was amazing and the match was pretty damn good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Jay-Jay

Kennedy win the Us title..................title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

The ECW fans throwing Cenas shirt back at him:eek: . I'm not a Cena hater but that really stood out.

Low of the year was December to Dismember, what were they thinking?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I've got a feeling that one of the top stories of 2007 will be the cancellation of ECW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I've got a feeling that one of the top stories of 2007 will be the cancellation of ECW.

I'm not sure if anybody would care. The ECW of today is somthing you have to try really hard to care about. I gave up after the ppv in December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

hbk doing the chop on top of the ladder or finleys huge push

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

hbk doing the chop on top of the ladder

I had forgotten about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I doubt that will happen. It's getting very good ratings for Sci-Fi, as they aren't a major channel in any way, and they're contracted until the end of 2007 I think. WWE are also making a good chunk of money out of it, even if the majority of wrestling fans don't buy into it

Advertisement