Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

classical gold 50 cd set

Options
  • 21-12-2006 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

I seen the classical gold 50 cd set in xtra vision the other day and I was thinking of buying it as a christmas gift, since I don't have much of a notion when it comes to classical music I was wondering did anyone know if it was any good? or does live up to its €24.99 price tag?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I was given this as a gift for my birthday a year ago. It is one of the best presents I have ever recieved.

The box set is amazing value for money. Lots of choice from some of the most well known composers. A more "experienced" classical listener may not appretiate some of the recordings, and it may be a better choice for "beginners" only.

However, its my opinion that a 50 CD box set of classical music for 25 euro just cannot be snuffed at, even by the most elite. Especially since most peoples opinion on classical music interpretation differs greatly.

Argh, I'm rambling. Its a great set - I still listen to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

thanks

Advertisement