Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OC'ing Athlon 3700+ recommendations?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

It was about 1Mhz over :) I'll try going up to 2.75 again with 3x then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

1mhz over is fine. But it is best to go to 3x htt at the moment.

Also set the pci-e to 101mhz. This helps hugely on some boards. And the 2T ram timing too. 1T is to tight sometimes.

Okay I went up to 2.78GHz (253x11) with the HT multi at 3x. I am running a prime test now and if it fails then I will try the 101mhz pci-e like you suggested anti.

By the way the memory frequency at the moment is at 199Mhz. Can I safely go over 200? If I go to 2.8 then I will be going over.

Also is there any harm in me leaving the HT multi at 3x (759mhz ht link)? Will I be running slower if the ht link is that low?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

you can go a bit over 200 for the ram no bother. Leave the HTT at x3, you're still finding the limit for your cpu at the moment, not your final setup.

Guys I think 2.72GHz is the limit of my CPU... I have tried everything. Someone suggested I try lowering the multi and clocking up the FSB to 280 but I doubt my RAM can take that... Ah well I guess 2.7GHz is nice but I don't even now if it's stable at more than 4hrs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Well your CPU beats my 2.56GHz, its the best i can get out of my motherboard. With a better board id get 2.7GHz easy. I think you should be happy with what you have got. If you got another 80mhz to reach the 2.8GHz mark you wont notice the differince. I know the 2.8 or higher has a nice ring to it.

Yeah I guess I should be happy with what I have got out of it. But if I run an overnight torture test and find it fails i'll be raging! Still won't clock lower though, fail or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Hendrix89 wrote:
    Guys I think 2.72GHz is the limit of my CPU... I have tried everything. Someone suggested I try lowering the multi and clocking up the FSB to 280 but I doubt my RAM can take that... Ah well I guess 2.7GHz is nice but I don't even now if it's stable at more than 4hrs..
    You Ram wouldn't have to handle anything if you ran it on a divider...

Advertisement