Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aux cable for mp3 player to stereo - all the same?

Options
  • 21-12-2006 2:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

This is probably a stupid question but I am after ordering a new car stereo (sony bt5000) which has an aux input (Aux Lite rear mounted aux input) and I want to connect my archos mp3 player to the car stereo through an aux cable. Will any old aux cable do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Yep if it's a regular phono socket (round, one red one white) then any bog standard aux cable will do although I'm sure a few electrical chain store salesmen will be along shortly telling you to buy a €100 gold plated one lined with the hair of a virgin Llama and sheathed in hand cured crocodile skin "because it sounds better"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

eamon234 wrote:
    Yep if it's a regular phono socket (round, one red one white) then any bog standard aux cable will do although I'm sure a few electrical chain store salesmen will be along shortly telling you to buy a €100 gold plated one lined with the hair of a virgin Llama and sheathed in hand cured crocodile skin "because it sounds better"

Has to be alligator skin to sound better. Can't believe you thought crocodile was superior. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Soundman wrote:
    Has to be alligator skin to sound better. Can't believe you thought crocodile was superior. :rolleyes:

I bow to your superior knowledge;)

Advertisement