Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy ski boots?

Options
  • 21-12-2006 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im off down to 53 deg north this evening to buy ski boots for my brother for xmas.
    I know nothing about them.
    He takes a size 8 in shoes .
    Any advice? what makes should i look at etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Bring him with you. Ski boots are something you can't buy without the feet that are going to be using them imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Yep, get him a gift voucher or bring him with you. The wrong boots are absolute hell to wear , can be hard to control to control your skii's with and can ruin a holiday.

It happened my twice :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭because_I_can

no can do im afraid. they're an xmas pressie. He can always go back himself afterwards.
    as long as there's something there under the tree on xmas day and not a voucher...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Normally one size bigger than shoe size - but whoever is selling you the boots should be able to help with that. It's a bad idea buying them without the feet though.

Advertisement