Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Ice Skating

• 21-12-2006 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has visited the ice dome as yet. If so maybe you would post a review.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭event

i was there last saturday

was ok, was there with teh Girlfriend and her sister. Both can skate very well, i cant

was good, though its just ice skating, no restaurants or anything like that

the cons

-the skates are crap. Very bad quality, quite sore on the feet
    -its quite dear at €12 for two hours, and no concession if you have your own skates
    -the ice gets very cut up, near the end could feel the grooves in the ice, didnt look like the resurfaced it during sessions
    -were a lot of messers, pushing into each other and causing falls

the pros
    -its very big, plenty of room
    -the stewards are very good, very quick to come over and alwasy make sure people are ok

overall i liked it, and thats form a guy who was skating once before, christmas on ice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Thanks for that. Just a few other things. Is there any bar or food facilities. Is there a public gallery type place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭event

no food yet. they are in development, but i think they just wanted it open for the christmas. there are a few vending machines.

there is no public area as such. There are benches where you can sit down, but think you'd have to pay in to see them, as in they are right beside the rink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Padna

They charge €12 for adults, €8 for U16s, €6 for spectators for a 2 hour session. There is a guy there selling coffee, but the vending machines don't seem to be operational yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Bit expensive for spectators isnt it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Is it a permanent jobbie or just a temporary thing like Christmas on ice? Those prices aren't bad at all, not compared to dubland anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Its permanent, heres a link to its website

http://www.dundalkicedome.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Heading up there tonight, timetables can be found @ http://www.dundalkicedome.com/timetable_press.pdf

it's €9 for an hour and a half in a rink that's huge!! I paid €15 for an hour in the rds last year, sardines in a can style.

Quick question: any one know of a place that widens/strecthes ice skates? Mine are a bit tight now :|

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

lordlame wrote:
    Quick question: any one know of a place that widens/strecthes ice skates? Mine are a bit tight now :|

Any cobbler could do it for you. There's one at the Old Shopping Centre. It will take a day or 2 for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

theres a bar there now too and you dont have to pay to spectate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Brilliant venue, nice and spacey unlike the other venues. It wasn't as big as I thought it would be but definately the best place I've ice skated in years.

Any word on a Dublin one?

Advertisement