Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of a gas fireplace

Options
  • 21-12-2006 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there,

Our fireplace has never been used mainly cos of the big ugly pipe sticking up in the middle of it which is there in case we ever want to install a gas fireplace. Problem is we don't! We want a normal fireplace but am wondering how do we get rid of the gas pipe? Would it be a major job for a builder does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

I'll be interested in a reply on this one Myself. Same problem only I have the gas fire installed. Too expensive to use these Days but the occasional real fire would be nice, hopfully somebody has done this before..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

There should be an gas isolating valve on or near the chimney breast. The valve can be capped and the pipe removed from the fireplace. All work would need to be carried out by a Bord Gais approved installer as the system will need to be pressure tested.

Advertisement