Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cz452 varmint lr

Options
  • 21-12-2006 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

could anyone tell me the best ammo to use {cz452 lr}for e.g rabbits and what sort of range they will shoot to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Personally, I mostly use CCI ammo.
    Usually subsonics with a moderator out to 50/60yrds.

HV stuff is good for a little more, 70/80yrds but loud & far more damaging on body shots.

I'd suggest trying a few different rounds & see which shoots best from your CZ though........only €4/5 for 50 so not going to break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Winchester superX subs work best for me out to about 60ish yrds. practically silent with the Parker Hale can attached.:) but as Kramer said experiment with lots of variations and the rifle will tell you what is likes best.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

stay away from elay subs

dident work on heads past 40 yards

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Remy subs I fine the busines in my CZ

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zaitsev

You should also try Lapua subs, found them best in my 452.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Quillo

Has some terrible feeding problems with CCI subs in a 452Lux recently.

Thought there was something stuck in the barrel it was so hard to close the bolt. Moved to some Winchesters I had spare and they fed without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Had the same problem with a batch of CCI subsonic stuff we were using in the rifle club in TCD Quillo. Couldn't even close the bolt on some of the rounds, the rim thickness was so off.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Quillo

Sparks wrote:
    Had the same problem with a batch of CCI subsonic stuff we were using in the rifle club in TCD Quillo. Couldn't even close the bolt on some of the rounds, the rim thickness was so off.

Friend of mine claimed that a CCI sub actually went off as he forced the bolt forward in a CZ recently - only half believed him at the time but, having seen how problematic they can be, more inclined to believe him now !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It wouldn't surprise me much quillo. You're basicly shaving chunks off the brass on the rim with those CCI rounds - and if that set a round or two off, I wouldn't be shocked.

Advertisement