Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-Time medical course

Options
  • 21-12-2006 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to get into the medical field through part-time courses. I do not want to start with nursing if i can help.I would really really appreciate any feedback anybody has.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

To get in to the medical field ie how to get in to uni to study to become a medical professional? or something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

I would like to know what my options are for becoming a Doctor. I am in fulltime work now and would not be able to leave for at least four years. I am almost sure there are no part-time courses but I thought maybe there are some starter courses where I could get a head start for the next few years until I can begin a full-time course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

You could try a biology or chemistry course at Open University. Most of the pre-clinical work in med training is just that anyway so it'd be a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Dalas

Thanks a mil, I'll look into it!

Advertisement