Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, please play ...

Options
  • 21-12-2006 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

First of all, I was wondering whether this could be changed into a sticky?

Here's the idea: you know this great band, but you've never heard them on Phantom (and certainly not on other stations; I don't want this to turn into a thread of people requesting Christina Aguilera).

So let's hear about them. Who are they? why do they deserve to be played on Phantom, any interesting links. I'll start myself so people can see the format I'm suggesting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

Band Name: Cranes

Members: Alison Shaw, Jim Shaw (brother and sister) and others

Why they deserve to be played on Phantom: Have stayed resolutely independent even after having been offered a contract with a major label because they refused to compromise on their sound.

Genre: er...... hard to explain. Hear for yourself. Have been described as "goth" but I can't fathom why that might be. Their style has changed over the years. Alison's voice is quite peculiar - child-like and to some, no doubt, quite irritating at first but it grows on you.

Interesting links: www.dadaphonic.com is their own web-site, and www.cranes-fan.com is their fan site. They have published one or two songs of each album on the latter site (under audio) so you can hear for yourself. Also, on YouTube there is quite a bit of their stuff to view. Enjoy.

Pino

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Band Name: Rasputina

Members: Melora, Jonathon

Why they deserve to be played on Phantom: They have a very unique sound in that nearly all of their music is played on cellos, with the odd guitar thrown in now and again, and Melora's voice is very sweet and sorrowful.

Genre: All their music I have is tagged as "gothic" or "darkwave", but it's unlike a lot of gothic or darkwave music Ive ever heard because it lacks a lot of the industrial elements, but I guess you could call then gothic.

Interesting links: www.rasputina.com is their homepage.

About a month ago I texted in on Spiral Stare asking Sinister Pete to play them and he said he'd check them out, so we may hear them yet!

Advertisement