Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure agony on Phantom 105.2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Smurfpiss wrote:
    he's Canadian. different nation. Dare I call you english? Ill just ignore your other comments, but i'd do as simon says (heh...simon says).
    You really have a case of lastworditis don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

OK.
    I can at least do that Simon Maher.
    I can be reasonable.
    My tale's between my legs.

Thank you kindly.

Regards,

Simon Maher
    simonmaher@phantom.ie
    www.phantom.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 orangen

I'm very glad Dublin finally has an alternative radio station but I really have to say, the DJ’s are so boring. I know some of the DJ’s have carried over from the pirate days so they should be quite experienced by now but they are so dull sounding. I’m wondering if they’re trying to seem more professional instead of relaxing and enjoying themselves. I’m hoping this will improve as the station gets into its stride, but really when you look at the space in the market that Phantom is filling I would have expected a better start. There is so much potential there, to be both a great station and a successful business, lets hope they use the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

orangen wrote:
    I'm very glad Dublin finally has an alternative radio station but I really have to say, the DJ’s are so boring. I know some of the DJ’s have carried over from the pirate days so they should be quite experienced by now but they are so dull sounding. I’m wondering if they’re trying to seem more professional instead of relaxing and enjoying themselves. I’m hoping this will improve as the station gets into its stride, but really when you look at the space in the market that Phantom is filling I would have expected a better start. There is so much potential there, to be both a great station and a successful business, lets hope they use the opportunity.

What do you mean by dull? There is more genuine personality in the Phantom DJs than there is in any other radio station in Dublin. They don't maintain the constant false cheerfulness of other stations but that would be quite out of place on a Alt Rock radio station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

orangen wrote:

Actually from casual listening i haven't been turned on, but then again i'm not the target audience.

Jack Hyland is a travesty as he always was. Rob Taylor's show despite my grievences on his choice of material is solid enough from what i've heard.

Also Simon please stop playing one song and talking. It's your style but it makes me switch off. Do you not feel self-conscience talking to an audience who obviously tune in for music and not your opinion. I mean everybody understands it's a playlist. All i need is the name of the track and the song before it. Three times in one half hour you didn't say what the song was or who the band played was because of the Ads and cutting in after every song. I dunno why you do this because i know you're one of the most experienced of the djs.

On the plus, apart from jack, who my Dad got embarassed listening to the natural sound of Djs on phantom is much better than the blandness found elsewhere. Still there is no reason for me to switch on during the day. Night-time radio is better for music.

Steve Conway is probably the best DJ on the station though. Smooth running show. I always loved his morning show back in the day. Solid stuff and he's got such a clear voice. Sometimes it felt like listening to the BBC he's very professional. Anyway get rid of Jack Hyland's nana hyland bull****. Embarassing really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Jaysus Raggamuffin,

We've missed you around here! And you are definitely in our target audience. If you enjoy any show on Phantom, and you mention at least one there, then youre right in our demographic.

I talk a lot during my show in the afternoon because its a talk show. Pretty simple really. Good fun too. I always try to back announce all the songs I play, but if I slip up occasionally on that one, I apologise.

Sad that we haven't turned you on so far, but stick with us, we will keep on trying. And you can of course text in for a request anytime, be delighted to hear from you.

Merry Christmas old Pal.

Kind Regards,

Simon Maher
    simonmaher@phantom.ie
    www.phantom.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I listen to Pure Morning every morning on my way into work and have to say I really enjoy Sinister Pete's musings during the drive in to work.

The blah blah blah happy happy crappy crapola on the other channels in the morning does my head in.

Sinister Pete sounds like a genuine guy that appreciates his music and is sharing the music new and old, live, that he currently likes (and this listener).

Sinister Pete - feck the begrudgers, keep doing what you are, its all about the music ..rock on!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

Yeah merry christmas too...

No need for the target audience malark i'm just having a laugh.

Seriously though from a purely radio point of view i don't understand how jack hyland still gets such an important slot. Well my opinion is that's it's embrassing.

Your show was interesting but i wouldn't switch on phantom to hear interviews or general talk sure i'd knock on BBC or RTE, even newstalk. I loved the anorak hour and your previous work on the ballyfermot radio. Hey even your late night on a sunday was one of the best for music.

See the whole commercial aspect just throws me i can never get my head around it ha ha.

anyway i'll throw in a request during the week on the show. no job lately boo hoo.

yeah enjoy yourself.

Steve is still the best and i can't ebelive you didn't reference this point.

Advertisement