Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K610im Users...

• 21-12-2006 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

I just ordered this off o2.ie, 139 with free speakers and 90 credit compared to 179 in shops. Seems to have everything I want, thanks for the suggestion (forget your username:o ).

Anyway, Was thinking of buying this:

k610_blk.jpg

As you can see, the fit doesn't look the best, but I don't know how the buttons are, in particular the navigation button (or is it a joystick?). Can anyone have a guess at whether the buttons would still work just as good based on their experience with the K610im. I've never held it so don't have a clue:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i bought this online about two weeks ago for 149 Euros and so far I am quite happy with it, apart from the 10 Euros price drop a week later. :confused:

the joystick is definitely gone, they are instead navigation buttons and works perfectly fine for me. in fact i am glad the joystick is gone, i've been using Sony Ericsson mobiles since 3 years ago and found some time the joysticks are annoying to use. :D

i love the i-mode features which enable me to receive mails on the go. at the moment, i disable the 3G thingy as it sucks the battery life out of the phone. full charge in the morning, leave the battery with little the next afternoon and this is pretty much on standy i.e. few talks n text.

i don't use the camera or video call much but read some reviews that K750i is much more superior phone in this area. :rolleyes:

overall, it is a cheap but good looking phone and i prefer to have the phone "naked" coz a fit would have its look to hidden. :p with a hope that it lasts until next christmas.

mart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the info:)

had a feel of it today in an o2 shop and it's pretty nice alright, the main point is it does what I need it to do. I'm not too sure how the silicone case would work on it though, could be a tad hard to press the buttons properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'm getting almost a week out of this phone with 3G enabled, though this seems to go down to 3 days if I enable bluetooth.

Wow, got it just now, ordered yesterday, that's pretty good going, I even rang up and they said I wouldn't get it before Christmas:) Having a look now, seems pretty cool, step up from the passed down phone I had that wouldn't take calls at least:D

How do you disable 3G?

Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Mobile Networks > GSM/3G networks

There you go, Select GSM only

• Advertisement

Cool thanks:)

Does anyone know if you can only check your o2online.ie email or can you set it up so it can get your eircom mail etc? How can you do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The K610im has built in push email. To use that, set up your email to forward to your i-mail address, which should look like you@o2imail.ie.

Hi again,
    Just a few things..

Does anyone know is there a way to view a really long number without having to go to edit the contact and edit the number? I've a few numbers and it wont display the full number without going to edit it seemingly:confused:

For some reason, the ends of a lot of my contact names have been chopped off. You'd think a new phone would allow for longer names, not shorter ones. Is there any way to get the full names back? Is it the sim card or the phone that is the problem here? I copied names from my old sim card, to my new phone, then from my new phone, to my new sim, and I use the SIM card as default contact view.

Also, does anyone know if saving a number as a home/mobile/office number will show up on just that phone or is it stored in the sim card?

I've also had a few calls that when I answer, I can't hear anything. This could be a problem on the callers end or it could be a problem with my phone. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

re: viewing long numbers
    There doesn't seem to be another way. If you press call you'll see the whole number scroll on the screen but that's the best I can come up with.

re: names chopped up
    You can see the full name when you're editing it, the screen can only show so much. And if you're viewing numbers on the SIM then this would be why they can only be so long too .. SIM only supports up to 15 chars I think.

re: multiple numbers per contact
    If copied to the SIM they'll show up as "jim home", "jim mobile", "jim fax" when copied to the SIM *I THINK*. Only one number per contact can be supported on a SIM and this is why it would break it up.

re: calls you can't hear anything on
    This sounds like an issue with the phone. Tried your SIM in another phone, still having problems? Does it only happen from certain users?

@OP and that case
    I had something similiar for my k750i before .. was more hassle than it was worth. It made using the keypad very "slippery" or something.... if it's only cheap (as most things like that are on ebay) then you might as well try it and see.

cormie wrote:
    I've also had a few calls that when I answer, I can't hear anything. This could be a problem on the callers end or it could be a problem with my phone. Has anyone else noticed this?

I also noticed this in the last few days. Couldn't be the SIMs as I tried different SIMs. The only way I fix this issue is turning on/off and it doesn't seem to work at once. It's annoying that I can't hear a thing unless speaker phone is switched on when this happens.

Another issue is it no longer logs my in and out calls for some reasons. I sort this by deleting all existing call logs.

I think this is pure software glitch, after a while the phone memory gets congested and the firmware can't handle it well. Damn it.

Mart

• Advertisement
Advertisement