Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with BT

Options
  • 21-12-2006 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I am currently experinecing problems with Esat Bt. A flatmate of mine use to pay the phone bill he has now moved back to New Zealand. I asked him to cancel the line with BT. Now I want to take the line up myself but since BT have not killed the line as its taking them a very long time Eircom cant do anything for me until they release the line. I called BT to complain today they would niot help me one bit and when I kept asking for a supervisor they hung up. Has anybody else experinced this. I tired gett a compaint refrence number so I can complain to Comreg but he would not give me one.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It has been a while since I was in the business, but one potential problem I can see for you here is that the previous owner is the authorised contact on the account, and therefore under the data protection act, BT should not confer with you over matters of his account. This would also explain why Eircom cannot move without the line being released by Eircom. This is really a matter you would need to discuss with Comreg, I am afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The Data Protection is one aspect but I suggest your best bet is to send a written lettter to the complaints manager explaining the issue, ie your flatmate has moved out and what you want to do next etc.

You will have a much better bet putting it in writing then getting it across to an agent over the phone....due to the above reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Safrole

Sizzler wrote:
    The Data Protection is one aspect but I suggest your best bet is to send a written lettter to the complaints manager explaining the issue, ie your flatmate has moved out and what you want to do next etc.

You will have a much better bet putting it in writing then getting it across to an agent over the phone....due to the above reason.

Depends on who you address it to. I used to work for a call centre (I know, I know, I'll burn in hell etc) and if there was something we really couldn't deal with we told customers to write into the complaints department, more so as a way of ending the call to be honest. In fairness to a lot of call centre staff, the issue is usually the company - they dictate what an agent can and cannot do and if the agent steps out of line it's noticed immediately with all the reports they do on agent activity.

Every few months or so the call centre director would wander in and yell blue murder that there was a whole room full of letters to the non existant complaints manager, and all they did was make some poor sod send the same letter back to all of them - please call us on our freephone number.

If your friend has moved back home to New Zealand the easiest option is to not pay the BT bill, they wont be long in sending you nice letters with a direct dial to a credit controller, tell the credit controller you will not be paying and they will cut the line pretty rapid I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Well lucky for the OP there IS a complaints manager in BT :)

Credit control only pass the query back to customer care anyway! Their job is to collect money not answer queries :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

My ex flat mate rang them 3 times and also wrote to them to cancel the account. BT have acknowledged the cancellation. But have not bothered their backsides to close the line so I can take it from eircom. It seems like I am in a catch 22 situation eircom passing me to BT and Bt sending me to eircom. I have now complained to comreg. I hope they do something about this I need to like for work and if it doesnt get sorted I will get the boot from work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement