Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Request] Where to buy apartment furniture/fittings

• 21-12-2006 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’m moving into an apartment in Dublin and am looking for the best places to buy high quality furniture/fittings without paying Rip Off Republic prices. I’m looking to buy the below list and would appreciate information on any trader in the Republic, in the North, on Ebay or anywhere else that would allow me to push my money as far as possible. Details on why recommend that trader will also be appreciated.

(I already put up two similar threads requesting info, thanks to anyone who has responded so far. This is the last one, I promise)

Here’s the list

• A Leather Couch

• Dining Table (with chairs) and Coffee Table both to go with wooden flooring, preferably glass.

• A Large Rug

• Bathroom Floor Tiles

• Wooden Flooring (already did thread on this, but more info welcome)

• Pine Double Beds with high quality matrices (likewise, already did thread on this, but more info welcome)

• A Washing Machine

A bit of a list, but if you have info on any item, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

Not to be sarcastic, but can you wait a year until IKEA opens up North?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

My mum bought a leather corner unit in Harvey Norman's sale last year (Airside Retail Park). It was 80% off. They set up a big tent in their car park and there were some seriously good discounts that sale time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

For the couch and other furniture... Argos is your best bet!! Some nice leather deals there.
    Power city for anything electrical. Washing machines from €199 and maybe less.
    Wood flooring.. anywhere.. its pretty cheap.. i went to Galway to floorworld.ie as you get free underlay.
    Large rug.. if your in Dublin... try Kavanaghs in Ballyfermot, same goes for curtains and bed linen etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

www.jumbletown.ie
    all free
    HTH,
    Cathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bargaintown (http://www.bargaintown.ie) are selling a lovely black leather 2 seater sofa for €299. i picked one up last week.

give http://www.gumtree.ie a look as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 foranyxcus

I had a terrible expereince with Protea Pine, and it ended up in the small claims court, the county sheriff and finally the district court.

Eventually, after 2 years I got most of my money back for furniture that was never delivered. It's all on record in the Small Claims Court in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Check out Famous Furniture over near the Long Mile Road. They do end-of-season stuff from a lot of well known shops (a bit like T. K. Maxx for furniture). You'll get things at about a third to half the price you'd pay in normal retail. They've a good range of stuff and, from what I could see, it's good quality. The stock changes a lot so there's a bit of pot luck about what they'll have when, but it's definitely worth a look.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saruman wrote:

For the couch and other furniture... Argos is your best bet!! Some nice leather deals there.

Argos wouldnt be known for good quality furniture. If the furniture was for myself I'd go else where. If I was renting it out to some one then argos would be a good place.

Jim Langans will give you 7%-10% off if you buy a few bits and pieces such as sofa, bed tables etc.

Rieds have a sale on but their beds are expenisve.

Bargaintown is cheap but you get what you pay for. The have a 2 seat "leather" sofa for €250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

My friend in Mayo has a furntiure shop that is very cheap. He imports directly from China and the prices are at least 30% cheaper if not more than your average furniture shop. The quality is not compromised either. January sale on now and he will deliver as well.

PM me if you are interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

<SNIP>

wrong forum & dont be posting peoples private details, very childish post :rolleyes:

in before the lock!! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement