Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no bios menu, dead mobo,psu ?

Options
  • 21-12-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

have a dell optiplex gx110 that will not show bios menu or anything on the screen. when i turn on the pc the cd-rom does not start up or the hdd. the monitor is fine as works ok with another pc. the fan on the psu seems to be working. took out the cmos battery and replaced but no luck. removed hdd ,ram etc but no luck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Does it beep, try to access the floppy drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sounds like a dead motherboard. Check for bios beeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

does not beep at all. floppy does not start either. i updated the bios a day before but rebooted a good few times since then with no problem. i think the pc got stuck on the windows loading screen before the current problem started. i had to hold the power button to turn off the pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Try a different psu if you have one lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

the psu fan starts and a mobo led along with lan led light up when powered on. the cd-rom drive powers up only if i disconnect the ide cable from the motherboard . no noise out of the floppy at all. still nothing on the screen though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement