Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farrows, Barrows, Sarrows, Darrows, etc,,,

Options
  • 21-12-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

So, I'm currently building a new tactic from scratch, which is ok for the most part but now I'm looking at how to effectively employ Arrows.

In the past I have never really given much thought to how they work. For example, there are team situations that may need to be considered, such as being in possession.

So, things to think about are...
    • Do arrows only come into effect when in possession? Or without? Or only at particular situations (linked to team mentality, perhaps?)? Or for all situations?

• Or does it depend on the type of arrow? e.g. back arrow only takes effect when not in possession, or barrow takes affect when in possession

• Also, does the player move to the point of the arrow for the duration of being in possession (or without) ?

• Or does the player move back and forth along the arrow for the duration of the team being in possesion (or without) ?

• Does individual mentality effect the effectiveness of arrows?

• Does poor players' intelligence effect said player's ability to stay rigidly with the arrow.
    All theories welcome - proven, crazy or otherwise :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

this just reminded me of how much i prefered the cm2 tactics, where you could do the offensive and defensive positions for each section of the pitch for every player

far more control than anything in the newer games

id like to see them bring that back for fm08

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

As far as I understand is arrows,sarrows etc are linked with "Creative Freedom"as much as anything else. I'll give u 1 example and hopefully its a good one!! If you have a Dm or CM playin as a DM he is automatically Defence Minded.But if he has a Farrow,anytime yur team have the ball he will push up and help the attack so in theory sarrows,barrows and farrows really only come into play when they oppose the individual players preset instructions......hope this helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

mmmm, might help if knew wat game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

What do the arrows going across do?

Advertisement