Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house

Options
  • 21-12-2006 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have to move house to an area that's not as covered by RIpwave.

I bought my Ripwave in Carphone warehouse and when I took it home I Was getting pretty decent download speeds. However, the area I'm moving to is just off the map. It's the best place I could find(student accomodation) for the time being. I brought the modem down there and it eventually found a signal. It wasn't absolutely abysmal but it wasn't great. Of course, since it drops whenever you actually turn it around to look at it, I could have better than I think. I'm not sure.

Also, what do the S and Q mean? Signal and Quality? Wouldn't they be the same thing? I only g ot a couple of bars on S but more than half on Q when I tried it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

Rozie wrote:
    However, the area I'm moving to is just off the map...

With Ripwave being at the edge of coverage is dodgy. You really do need to be well within the coverage area.
    Rozie wrote:
    Of course, since it drops whenever you actually turn it around to look at it, I could have better than I think. I'm not sure. Also, what do the S and Q mean? Signal and Quality? Wouldn't they be the same thing? I only g ot a couple of bars on S but more than half on Q when I tried it

You can also check out the signal strength and the quaility by installing the navini diagnostics software tool provided on the CD that should have been shipped with the ripwave. So you dont have to look att he front of the ripwave unit. If you dont have the CD you can DL the software from www.navini.com.

... also there are plug link mains adapters that you could use that may help. IBB sell them but you can also buy them from stores. AFAIK there is also an aerial type connection you can buy for ripwave units they are not sold by IBB and I know very little about them. Can anyone help with this?

Though as said before if you are at the edge of coverage is dodgy

Advertisement