Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England ODI squad announced (already)

• 21-12-2006 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

England squad for Commonwealth Bank series

MP Vaughan
    AJ Strauss
    IR Bell
    PD Collingwood
    KP Pietersen
    A Flintoff
    EC Joyce
    JWM Dalrymple (New to me)
    CMW Read (wkt)
    PA Nixon (wkt)
    SI Mahmood
    J Lewis
    LE Plunkett
    CT Tremlett
    MS Panesar
    JM Anderson

I suspect Vaughan will be captain though nothings been said yet.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Paul Nixon. Wow. No Stuart Broad. :mad:

Geraint Jones - England career - R.I.P.

Chris Read may have one more chance in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

So if Vaughan is back for good is that the end of Freddie's captaincy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

looks like this could be the final nail in Geraint Jones's international year although the inclusion of Leicestershires Paul Nixon (36) does surprise me. Surely it would be better to bring along a younger wicketkeeper for expierence. Stuart Broad possibly instead of Chris Tremlett as tremlett has been plagued by injuries ever since the Ashes last year. Its good to see Monty's inclusion , a just reward for a player who has done all that has been asked of him and more,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Vaughan named as captain. They are obviously hoping he makes a full recovery from injury and can captain the side for the next few years, the test side at least. Would be interesting to see who they'd give the captaincy to if Vaughan's knee buckled again during the world cup and he had to retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Smacks of desperation if you ask me..... Vaughan hasn't proven his worth by playing. Sure he maybe physically fit but not match fit. They are still persisting with playing injured players with no form. :rolleyes:
    He is an excellent captain, but like Mike Brearley years ago, just because you are a good captain doesn't mean you have an automatic right to be in when your runs have dried up.

Just reading from the thread from the top, Mike, Jamie Dalrymple has been playing all summer in the ODI team, almost played in the last test. Off-spinner who can bat a bit, more suited for one-dayers at present.

• Advertisement
Advertisement