Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Distinct inability to wrestle

• 21-12-2006 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Why do the top stars of the WWE today seem to be totally useless in the ring? Since his return, the monotonous Batista has made numerous in-ring blunders. I think its disgraceful and he should be sent down to OVW for some basic training. He can handle the short SD! matches no problem, there's not a lot to remember, but as soon as he steps out for the all important PPV main event, he completely drops the ball, in particular against Booker T, wtf? He just simply can't lift the guy

Cena as well, at least he can talk on the mic, but he's trying to pull a Rock on it. Its not working. The Rock wasnt much good as a wrestler, he didnt exactly have the biggest arsenal of moves, but he sold his matches well and people believed them [except when he took stunners] but back to Cena, the guys performances, although solid, are totally lacking. I know he draws big for WWE but for christs sake, there's so many better guys there that aren't been given the chance. Had Orton not been such a jackass he'd be running top spot right now, maybe playing Edge's part at the moment. Orton has every element needed, he is Rock II, and he could be just as successful but he's stll playin second fiddle to Edge. Who sucks.

That's another guy, although granted he has some ability, he's much to small to be sticking to the moves he does. Edge doesnt have much mass, he should be perfecting moonsaults and all that carry on to put on actual entertaining matches. If I see Edge V Cena ever again I think I'l probably cry, it was too painful the last times, and now just as the wounds are healing, I see wrestlemania, all I can hope is they push Orton up and have him destroy that pseudo superstar Cena and take the title away from him forever.

Sorry that lost direction, its a rant mostly, but valid all the same

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

riddik wrote:
    playin second fiddle to Edge. Who sucks.

Edge doesn't suck! Hes one of the best wrestlers on the roster. He can carry a fued with Cena and contrary to what you say their last match was very entertaining! Edge on a whole is very entertaining. I feel he was held back though because he was given the title when Cena had it and Vince would always give it back to Cena as he's high on Cena at the moment!

I agree with you as far as Batista being sh!te. Cena ain't much better either but hes slightly watchable. Orton though is an ass! Can he wrestle? Yes. Can he entertain? Sometimes! But he doesn't have the right attitude or from what I can see, he doesn't have the same passion for the business! God knows if I was in his position, I sure as hell wouldn't be acting like a complete tw@t backstage! He should be fired or sent back to OVW (or DSW) until he gets the right atitude, cos its holding the WWE back! **End rant on Orton**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I wouldn't have too much complaints about Edge and Orton. I think Edge is a fantastic wrestler and pretty good on the mic and selling. I think Orton is a fine wrestler too but I've never liked his persona and he doesn't sell as well as Edge does.

I would be inclined to agree with you about Cena and Batista. I don't rate either as in-ring performers but I do think Cena gives alot more effort in the ring than Batista who is just lazy and really the only thing he has going for him is that he is a big guy and that's all you need in Vince's eyes. I'd rate The Rock over them anyday, Rocky may not have had the multiple moves and the technical ability but sure as hell he put on some great and entertaining matches unlike Cena and Batista. With mic, I'd love The Rock to come back and show Cena how it's done properly! Batista doesnt sell much to me on the mic either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Edge is imo the star of the company this year,he can wrestle and do high spots (remember the ladder matches against the hardyz?) but the WWE are pushing him as a main eventer,who never do crazy high spots anymore. remember the WWE has their own style of wrestling that the wrestlers must adhere to,compare the moves Punk used to do in ROH to what he does now for example.
    i cant stand randy orton,hes a decent worker but hes just obnoxious and is one of those guys who will ALWAYS be a heel,everyone knows hes a dick backstage and it shows in his matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

IMO, Randy Orton is way over rated (over-hyped?) and I don't know how he still remains in the top tier of the company. Sure, he can wrestle but so can alot of guys. His matt skills don't stand out at me as being anything special. Usually this can be compensated by being good on the mic but I can't stand to listen to Orton (not in a heel way but in an X-Pac heat way). His promos are unimaginitive, "uh I am a legend Killer therefore I will beat you".

Considering his notoriously bad attitude I don't know why he isn't jobbing on Velocity. I could understand WWE's decision not to do this if there was something special about him but I honestly can't see that there is. The only reason that I think they keep him on is becasue they have pushed him too much as a star so if he was to defect to TNA, TNA could claim they acquired a made star, but if WWE hadn't of pushed him like they did, I honestly don't believe Orton could go to TNA and standout as anything more than he is, average.

Why WWE have stuck by this jerk but managed to consistently hold back Christian is baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

never underestimate the power of friends in low places, christians daddy wasn't working for Vince 20 years ago.i like Orton, i think he's decent, i like the cocky attitude too, at a time where you had one rising star (John Cena) saying things like "maybe i amn't the greatest wrestler in the world" you had orton, talking himself up to the nines, he needs a lot of mic work, he's a good talker but his promos are just unimaginative as has been stated, plus he takes a good chair shot.

how could anyone think Edge sucks, EDGVIS is Alive and Takin Care of Business Baby.i just wish i could see Christian rightfully challenging for the WWE title instead of bloody Umaga and his Almighty Thumb of Devestation :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

totally agree with umaga,a gimmick straight out of the 80s (kamala anyone?!) and one of the worst finishing moves ever,oooooh he pokes people with his thumb! devastating! damn right christian should be a main eventer in the WWE,if there was ever a case of wasted talent then hes it,stupid booking squad not knowing wha to do with him,imagine the feud himself and edge could have has this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Correct about Umaga. He's ridiculous and his gimmick is just a little childish. His selling, where he stands in the middle of the ring and waves his arms round and round as his opponent goes over and back off the ropes to knock him down, is pathetic. Im sick of this throwback to the 80's bull****.

Sure Batista cant wrestle, but the problem with WWE at the moment is not him, Cena or Edge, its this very sudden and worrying trend of retreating back to former stars like Hacksaw Jim Duggan who has no business in a WWE ring in this day and age. Too washed up for the older fans to like, while the younger fans are probably too young to remember him (and how **** he was).

Why is Jeff Hardy on the Intercontinental scene while Umaga and his fool of a manager are getting title shot story lines. I think a face/face feud could work at the moment. As a controversial sidenote, I believe the acquisition of Kevin Federline has brought some notoriety back to WWE and given it column inches in otherwise untapped territory. I think its a weird, good move.

i HATE the way umaga sells,like any fan is going to be impressed these days that john cena can knock a fat samoan on his fat arse by clotheslining him a few times,that **** worked in the 80s when we were kids and thought guys like earthquake and haku were "monsters" but vince needs to remember its the longtime fans who support the company,not some snotty 10 year olds who think john cena is "street" and cool,chain gang soldier my arse did you see the size of his house that time edge slapped his dad?twas freaking huge!
    but anyway,about k-fed,hes an arse,but ironically hes a better heel than half the roster,itll get the wwe mainstream attention (one of the girls at work was reading some womans mag and it had a few pics of cena giving the f-u to federline in it) but it could hurt the wwe as far as hardcore fans are concerned,celebrities and wrestling dont usually mix,they get it right sometimes (mike tyson) and so so horibly wrong others (david arquette anyone?) can you IMAGINE the backlash if they put a title on federline?!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

as regards what people were saying about orton being over rated, i dont believe that to be true. he will unquestionabley expand as a superstar the longer he is put on the main event platform. He just has that look about him. some guys just dont look good, the image of finlay or goldust comes to mind [ i no theyre old ], but he has an excellent physique, a mean smirk and the cockiest look going. Image aside, his wrestling is great but admittedly his mic work is below par. He needs to work with the someone who can give him a direction. for a few years he has had unrelated feuds with no point, he moves around aimlessly. he should drop edge, go for the belt and be given a proper angle in which it looks like he has accomplished something, not like wen batista beat hhh at mania. 'is that it?'

whats wrong with the way finlay looks? i think he looks damn good for a guy in his early 50s,and hes a far more talented wrestler than orton will ever be,his brawls with benoit are testament to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

not once did i try to take away from finlay, im well aware of his abilities. however a] wwe have given him a ridiculous gimmick and b] what i was sayin is that he doesnt look like a main event class superstar like austin rock hart michaels hhh etc... orton does. thats all i said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

riddik wrote:
    He just has that look about him. some guys just dont look good, the image of finlay or goldust comes to mind [ i no theyre old ], but he has an excellent physique, a mean smirk and the cockiest look going.

Image is way over rated in this business, its that logic tha made Eric Bischoff fire Steve Austin becasue he had no "look" to him. Orton can't cut a promo to save his life, and I don't think he is that great a wrestler. Sure, when you have guys like Umaga, Boogeyman, Giant Khali and the like stinking the place up it ain't too difficult to look "good".

I don't think Orton should be given the chance to win something and make it look, as you said, like he accomplished something. He had that chance when he was crowned the youngest world champion, and managed to mess that up good and proper on his own. Orton deserves nothing from nobody in that lockeroom, by general practice he should have been out on his ear years ago but hey, I gues being friends with Honker Hearst Healmsley has some advantages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Finlays gimmick isnt ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Not sh1t but he doesn't need the little b@stard thing imo. He's good enough without the midget.

Edge is a legend.
    Orton needs some work. He got the strap too soon the last time against Benoit.
    Can you imagine what he would have been like had he not fueded with HHH???

Advertisement