Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

camshaft sensor?

Options
  • 22-12-2006 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

does anyonw know how much a camshaft sensor would cost for a peugeot 306?
    also how long would it take to fit?

is this the same as crankshaft sensor???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's not the same part as a crankshaft sensor, although they both work on the same principle. Best to ask a dealer for the price of the part and then get your regular mechanic/garage to fit it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

How do you know the cam sensor is faulty?

As above, it is not the same as a crank sensor. I cannot remember ever needing to fit one but its not a big job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

i know its faulty becase i had one of those diagnostics done in dealer but they're looking for 200euro to fix it. just to replace camshaft sensor *ie not belt or camshaft) thats well expensive

there was no sparking 10% of time when i turned the key and it just happened that all those 10% happened when i needed to be at work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Demmo

what engine has your car. Can you describe the problem your having?

Advertisement