Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor ISP GPRS Access - Help!

• 22-12-2006 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi, hoping someone can help, I'm having problems setting my Sony Ericsson w810i up to use Meteor's ISP GRPS access.

I followed the instructions here http://computer.donutsoft.net/sms/pmwiki.php?n=Networks.Meteor and am trying to use AFT. I keep getting charged at WAP GPRS rates when I access the net directly from the phone. When I connect the phone to the laptop and use the same connection settings I get charged ISP GRPS Rates.

WAP GPRS = 2c/kB
    ISP GRPS = 0.0048c/kB

A big difference!! Anyone any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

CK.1 wrote:
    Hi, hoping someone can help, I'm having problems setting my Sony Ericsson w810i up to use Meteor's ISP GRPS access.

I followed the instructions here http://computer.donutsoft.net/sms/pmwiki.php?n=Networks.Meteor and am trying to use AFT. I keep getting charged at WAP GPRS rates when I access the net directly from the phone. When I connect the phone to the laptop and use the same connection settings I get charged ISP GRPS Rates.

WAP GPRS = 2c/kB
    ISP GRPS = 0.0048c/kB

Thanks

Ah yes,
    I remember i was having the same problems with meteor for this exact same thing - I called meteor like ten different times. First i was told those settings did not exist - then told that they were now set up for me - then that it cant be applyed to my account, etc etc.
    After posting in the AFT thread they advised me to email meteor.

I emailed them and explained to them that i needed ISP enabled on my meteor account so i can "connect to my laptop" :)

My email was passed around for a bit but 48 hours later it must have reached someone who knew what he/she was doing.

Recieved an email back saying that my account was enabled for ISP.
    They also sent me on all the laptop settings which would have been helpful if i didnt happen to be lying through my teeth to them.:)

My advice to you would be to construct an email to them.
    When you call there call center 9 times out of ten they are prob not going to know what you are talking about.
    With an email if they dont know they just forward it along to tech support and they take over.

Hope some of this Info helps ya out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

CK.1 wrote:

WAP GPRS = 2c/kB
    ISP GRPS = 0.0048c/kB

Thanks

The pricing is actually 0.0048 euro per kb, not cent per kb. So 0.48c
    for isp, 2c for wap and minimum billing 1kb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CK.1

Thanks for the replies guys. Another update for ya and hopefully you can advise me...

ISP GPRS seems to be set up on my account. When I connect the mobile to a laptop I am being charged ISP rates but if I connect to the net directly with the phone using the same settings I get charged GPRS WAP rates. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Don't have Sony Ericsson w810i, but 6230i with Meteor PAYG, Just checked and with me the dafault on modem is WAP, but have the choice in there of selecting GPRS. Now I don't use phone as modem but run Operamini & Gmail app both of which only work over ISP, not wap.

So you have to the Gprs settings now look if you can find menu option ,NOT AS MODEM, like configuration and maybe you will find the gprs settings name there that is in the Modem section.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Advertisement