Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Update fault

Options
  • 22-12-2006 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Just spent a pretty penny getting the kit for Live, plus a 3 month membership card. Try to sign up and it offers me an essential update. That's grand, I agree to the download. Then the update stops and it says I have a problem with the connection. Only the thing is, my connection is fine, a wireless input to a router and Ethernet cable to the console from there, its only when I try to access Live that I get the update message and it fails.

Can anyone please help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Disable your router firewall and forward your ports. www.portforward.com

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

ring up your ISP,if its Eircom I think you will be okay!they are fairly clued in although they officially dont support xbox compatability!

I wouldnt try port forwarding it can get messy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I would do is quite simple,
    1.hook your router up to a PC via ethernet Cat5 cable,(from the control panel->internet connections)
    2.aquire and write down your ip address and any other numbers(subnet mask......) anything they have there basically!
    3.unplug your cable and insert it back into you xbox,
    4.go to your last page on your dashboard,network connections,input your address and other numbers(subnet mask...)
    happy days!

This is done of the top of my head so hope its okay

Advertisement