Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reno 911

• 22-12-2006 2:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

Does anybody else watch Reno 911? I first started watching it in the States and continued watching it on FX and then bought Series 3 on dvd... I think its the funniest thing on TV right now... There is even a movie of it coming out this summer...

I have recommended it to one of my friends and now he thinks its great too. I was just reading the thread on Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia and I decided to post this to check if anyone watches Reno 911 and recommend it to those who don`t!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I think it's the biggest pile of poo ever. It is dire tv imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Bond-007 wrote:
    I think it's the biggest pile of poo ever. It is dire tv imho.

seriously? why do you say that? id be curious to know what sort of tv you do like... i think its genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I actually lived in Reno for 2 years prehaps I am biased against it. I never features local places etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

tell us more....sounds like a copumentary type show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

sweetie wrote:
    tell us more....sounds like a copumentary type show

Yes that is indeed what it is... its about the supposed reno sherrifs dept and it is done as if it was an episode of cops... its very surreal and the characters are classic. they constantly mess up everything they try and do. every episode has a main story but its interlaced with clips of them trying to arrest various people which a lot of the main characters also play, but because its done like cops they can blur out their faces.

that probably doesnt sound like that hilarious of a description, but trust me it is a great show. it's on the FX channel most nights, but I just checked the epg and its not on at all next week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

peteeeed wrote: »

Quibi has renewed its Reno 911! revival for a second round, bring the show’s total run to eight seasons. Co-creators Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon and Kerri Kenney-Silver will all return to write and star

https://tvline.com/

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Quibi has renewed its Reno 911! revival for a second round, bring the show’s total run to eight seasons. Co-creators Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon and Kerri Kenney-Silver will all return to write and star

https://tvline.com/

No way.. I've been considering rewatching it.. might have missed the revival?.. don't think I saw beyond maybe season 5.. some of the funniest television ever..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The rivival was so good but the episodes are only ten minutes long. The funeral one was a stand out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I caught many an episode of Reno 911! over the years on late night TV when I couldn't sleep. Usually aired at some ungodly hour like 2am on ITV4 I think (the same place as I found "Archer!" btw, also at some obscure hour). Eventually I succumbed and bought the entire series (to then, not the newer episodes) on DVD from the US and, as I suspected I would, loved it. I personally find it hilarious, and think it's one of the better comedies over the last 20 years or so.

That said, I also understand why people wouldn't like it. Comedy is subjective, if you like this type of mockumentary goofball stuff, it's very very good at what it does. If you don't, you'll hate this.

Note: if any of you have paramount +, there's a couple of the newer movies on it.

Advertisement