Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Text - Page 388

• 22-12-2006 4:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone on here read this page?

Am I the only one who wants to bang my head repeatedly against a wall upon reading the drivel from this page on Sky Text?

As far as I know it's the only teletext wrestling page but it's so hard to read it when you come across the nonsense that's written on it. Here is what some chap wrote in with today...
    Hi! Batista will lose his title to Kane and then join TNA after W/Mania.

December to Dismember was a poor ppv but I can't wait for Armageddon, it'll be excellent. The Sandman is coming back to WWE. He'll challenge Jeff Hardy for the IC title.

The other day I read some guy who wrote in saying how he loved the Elimination Chamber match at the December to Dismember PPV.

Am I the only one on this forum that is irked by this particular page? Tell me I'm not.

If you haven't read it before, go check it out and then go hit something...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i have read it before when i had Sky. it is crazy some of the stuff actually put up there. i don't miss it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Se7en

Has anyone on here read this page?

Am I the only one who wants to bang my head repeatedly against a wall upon reading the drivel from this page on Sky Text?

As far as I know it's the only teletext wrestling page but it's so hard to read it when you come across the nonsense that's written on it. Here is what some chap wrote in with today...

The other day I read some guy who wrote in saying how he loved the Elimination Chamber match at the December to Dismember PPV.

Am I the only one on this forum that is irked by this particular page? Tell me I'm not.

If you haven't read it before, go check it out and then go hit something...

Well the Elimination Chamber wasnt THAT bad. Plus Armageddon was the best WWE PPV in a long time. Still though where the hell did all that stuff about the Sandman come from!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I used to use that page for all my wrestling info before I got broadband! When I look at it now, it makes me sick! Its prob just a load of kids who don't understand the 'intricate goings on in pro wrestling' ;) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

i used to read it when i was younger but after seeing some of the **** that "wrestling fans" say on it...i just didnt bother with it anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I used to read it and respond....but then I got fed up of correcting people, lol!

Some of the info people send in is just so annoyingly stupid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Here's today's pick of the day from p388...
    WWE is the best fed ever. How can anyone argue with this fact? Is WCW still in the air? No. Is ECW? Not really because it isn't the old ECW. It is just a question of time before WWE crushes TNA. Yes you can say TNA has good wrestlers like AJ and Daniels but that's it.

Am I the only one whom DX has in stitches week in, week out? Raw is very funny when they are on screen. DX for life! Cena rules! Let's hear your views.

Sky wouldn't be allowed to print my views. Seriously you can't make this stuff up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hahaha. I remember I used to read it about 8 years ago, before we got the internet, and there was a lot of crap on it. I remember telling one of my mates about it too and laughin at how stupid it was. So it doesn't look like they're goin to cop on given the length of time it's been goin on for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

WWE is the best fed ever. How can anyone argue with this fact? Is WCW still in the air? No. Is ECW? Not really because it isn't the old ECW. It is just a question of time before WWE crushes TNA. Yes you can say TNA has good wrestlers like AJ and Daniels but that's it.

Am I the only one whom DX has in stitches week in, week out? Raw is very funny when they are on screen. DX for life! Cena rules! Let's hear your views. QUOTE]

Oh sweet jesus!:eek:
    Never used this page coz I never knew about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Here is today's pick of the day which made me laugh out loud. Get a load of this one...
    To all Taker fans, he'll retire in 2009 as he is going to follow his life-long dream of fighting in UFC.

Bwahahahaha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, if it's life long then he can't be much more than 13 years old, so there's still plenty of time for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

We should flood that page with facts that would really freak them out or how about "Christina Aguilera has been offered a WWE contract and is set to become the next womens champion"

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

oh man i remember that page, although i remember one letter they printed, it was way beyond the funny stage, it went something along the lines of ...

"...and for one night only, Owen Hart will be returning from the grave to face Kane inside Hell in a Cell..."

There were a huge stream of letters printed the following week demanding apologies from Sky for printing something so hurtful to the Hart family. They never did, but they really shoudn't have put that letter up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I used to read that page a few years ago all the time for a good laugh... Its hilarious how stupid it is. I can hardly believe that it is still going though!

Advertisement