Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know where Leitrim is?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

stepbar wrote:
    Dont be talking out of your arse will ya :rolleyes: If you knew who it was you wouldnt have a problem saying, WOULD YOU? :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you have a name PM me so... if not stop talking sh1te

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There is no difference to PMing a name and posting one, cop the **** on. People don't like being talked about on the net without permission.
    Been to Carrick-on-Shannon twice thi week, didn't see any, but I wouldn't know where they are...
    Go on a nice country trip to L and have some tea, take a few pictures of the nice traffic lights, maybe ask a few names as you are so interested them for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

stepbar wrote:
    Thank God I got a good education thats all I'll say.... I dont know what school you went to but in fairness if you dont know the location of each and every county on the list above then its a sad reflection on the state of schooling in Ireland today........
    Well, I've heard of the other counties I just don't know where exactly they are. Would have a brief idea but wouldn't be too specific.

It doesn't affect me either way.
    stepbar wrote:
    Dont be talking out of your arse will ya If you knew who it was you wouldnt have a problem saying, WOULD YOU?

Well, it is a public forum and perhaps the person in question wouldn't want their name published on it? Or out of pure respect for that person, Tar won't name them on a public forum?

Of course theres reason for having a "problem" naming people on a huge, national internet forum such as Boards.

rb_ie wrote:
    Well, I've heard of the other counties I just don't know where exactly they are. Would have a brief idea but wouldn't be too specific.

It doesn't affect me either way.

Well, it is a public forum and perhaps the person in question wouldn't want their name published on it? Or out of pure respect for that person, Tar won't name them on a public forum?

Of course theres reason for having a "problem" naming people on a huge, national internet forum such as Boards.

Simple fact is I dont believe you Tar......... so if you can come up with a name that would be good.

• Advertisement

You don't believe what?
    Thayt they were taken down maybe.
    Hard to not believe in a maybe...

I see you still don't understand what rb_ie's(Whose real name is Andy Gleeson, lives in Tallaght and has sex with underage girls.) and my point.
    How quaint.

You don't believe what?

I see you still don't understand what rb_ie's(Whose real name is Andy Gleeson, lives in Tallaght and has sex with underage girls.) and my point.
    How quaint.

You could always PM me (as I have suggested already) and the whole thing would be solved

You don't believe what?

How quaint.

You could always PM me (as I have suggested already) and the whole thing would be solved..... and may I add I've been to COS lots of times to I'd love to hear who this person is

stepbar wrote:
    You could always PM me (as I have suggested already) and the whole thing would be solved
    There is no difference to PMing a name and posting one.
    rb_ie wrote:
    and may I add I've been to COS lots of times to I'd love to hear who this person is
    Oh, and another reason added to the list of reasons not to reveal somebody elses private information.

How quaint.

You swore you'd never tell, you bítch!How was I to know she was only 13?!She said she was 17, am I meant to I.D them all?!That would be such a moment killer!

Ah Tar, you have to understand, he/she is from LEITRIM, it may take a few repetitions to get the point across...

• Advertisement

There is no difference to PMing a name and posting one.
    1 person vs 70000 users mmmmm thats a big difference....

Well let me tell you something the light is still there so in fairness you and your so called friend are talking sh1te :rolleyes: So I would appreciate if would would stop talking sh1te... that is if you have nothing to back it up with :rolleyes:

rb_ie wrote:
    You swore you'd never tell, you bítch!How was I to know she was only 13?!She said she was 17, am I meant to I.D them all?!That would be such a moment killer!

Ah Tar, you have to understand, he/she is from LEITRIM, it may take a few repetitions to get the point across...

Well in fairness im not the one who didnt know where Leitrim was to start with.....

stepbar wrote:
    1 person vs 70000 users mmmmm thats a big difference....
    The only one that wants to know.
    Yep, big difference...
    Well let me tell you something the light is still there so in fairness you and your so called friend are talking sh1te :rolleyes: So I would appreciate if would would stop talking sh1te... that is if you have nothing to back it up with :rolleyes:
    Ah, proof of it's demolition captured with my SLR. http://www.gouranga.com/images/gta3/gta3_22.jpg
    They wear clothes in Leatrum now, or is the picture photoshopped? :confused::confused:

stepbar wrote:
    Well in fairness im not the one who didnt know where Leitrim was to start with.....
    Why would I need to know where Leitrim is? So I could visit its traffic light? (or where it once stood).

Oh and there is no difference, its still feeding a randomer someones private information. Given that Leitrim is...well, Leitrim, I'd say the person in question wouldn't be exactly hard to find.

You see now yes? I can write it in more basic English if you need me to?

The only one that wants to know.
    Yep, big difference...

Ah, proof of it's demolition captured with my SLR. http://www.gouranga.com/images/gta3/gta3_22.jpg
    They wear clothes in Leatrum now, or is the picture photoshopped? :confused::confused:

God you are some fool arent ya? It only goes to prove something... you REALLY are talking SH!TE, your not Charlie Bird in fairness :rolleyes: "Im not naming my sources"... as if they were part of MI5 < End of Conversation> :rolleyes:

rb_ie wrote:
    Why would I need to know where Leitrim is? So I could visit its traffic light? (or where it once stood).

Oh and there is no difference, its still feeding a randomer someones private information. Given that Leitrim is...well, Leitrim, I'd say the person in question wouldn't be exactly hard to find.

You see now yes? I can write it in more basic English if you need me to?

In fairness my problem is not with you so **** off :D

rb_ie wrote:
    I hope to bring Missus Bird and our children to see the monument erected for the valiant failed experiment, if only to show what comraderee can do in the land before time.

I'll miss you traffic light, fare thee well.
    :(

stepbar wrote:
    God you are some fool arent ya? It only goes to prove something... you REALLY are talking SH!TE, your not Charlie Bird in fairness :rolleyes: "Im not naming my sources"... as if they were part of MI5 < End of Conversation> :rolleyes:
    Did they not teach you grammar in Leitrim? Or was it just the English basics, enough to help you communicate with those outside of Leitrim?

For future reference, "you are" is shortened to "You're", "are not" is shortened to "aren't", "I am" is shortened to "I'm".

I hope to bring Missus Bird and our children to see the monument erected for the valiant failed experiment, if only to show what comraderee can do in the land before time.

:(

You love talking Sh1te dont ya? Have you a degree in it? LOL

stepbar wrote:
    You love talking Sh1te dont ya? Have you a degree in it? LOL
    "Shíte" does not take a capital "S" when used in the middle of a sentence, only if it is the first word.

Don't forget to end your sentences with a period .

Don't fret too much buddy, it seems it was just a case that the traffic light was "ahead of it's time", the introduction of electricity must have been a huge change for the people of Leitrim, nevermind coloured lights. Like the cavemen at first feared fire, and the change it brought to their lives, in the end they accepted it and used it as a tool. Maybe someday, the people of Leitrim will accept coloured lights and learn to use them as tools also.

I shall keep my fingers crossed for them.

• Advertisement

I have a P.H.D. in Ancient Civilisations and communication. How did you think I was able to understand you Stepbar?
    (We call stepbars ladders here, we use them for climbing buildings made of stone and metal.).
    I know of this lovely irrigation system that these other people called the romans used, I think having it brought to Leitrim could be benefical to the people.

rb_ie wrote:
    Did they not teach you grammar in Leitrim? Or was it just the English basics, enough to help you communicate with those outside of Leitrim?

For future reference, "you are" is shortened to "You're", "are not" is shortened to "aren't", "I am" is shortened to "I'm".

Well done there rb_ie well spotted :D was trying to get my point across there hense the acerbated "are". My God, petty arent ya :rolleyes: but in fairness I'm not the one who didnt know where 9 counties were in Ireland.....:D

I have a P.H.D. in Ancient Civilisations and communication. How did you think I was able to understand you Stepbar?
    (We call stepbars ladders here, we use them for climbing buildings made of stone and metal.).
    I know of this lovely irrigation system that these other people called the romans used, I think having it brought to Leitrim could be benefical to the people.

Jepers a PHD in Sh1te fair play to ya.......

stepbar wrote:
    Girl 2 is related to me

Sure isn't it a well known fact that everyone in Leitrim is related to one another? It's just a damn pity somebody could step in to stop you breeding with one another.

However, with Leitrim being somewhat left in the past whilst Ireland progressed, it's understandable that the "people" living there don't realise, or have not yet been informed. Sure the language barrier is great as it is, I'd imagine it would take a very patient man to explain the intricate details of sex and the harm caused by blood relatives copulating with each other to one of them, nevermind the whole "county".

stepbar wrote:
    Jepers a PHD in Sh1te fair play to ya.......
    Could you please try and explain the meaning of this "Jepers", I know the English language is an awkward and difficult language for you, but do please try and explain the terminology you've used. I'm always eager to learn more about the various cultures, languages, lifestyles etc. of others.

Is it some kind of meal you people eat?

rb_ie wrote:
    "Shíte" does not take a capital "S" when used in the middle of a sentence, only if it is the first word.

Don't forget to end your sentences with a period .

Don't fret too much buddy, it seems it was just a case that the traffic light was "ahead of it's time", the introduction of electricity must have been a huge change for the people of Leitrim, nevermind coloured lights. Like the cavemen at first feared fire, and the change it brought to their lives, in the end they accepted it and used it as a tool. Maybe someday, the people of Leitrim will accept coloured lights and learn to use them as tools also.

I shall keep my fingers crossed for them.

The traffic light is still there...........

rb_ie wrote:
    Could you please try and explain the meaning of this "Jepers", I know the English language is an awkward and difficult language for you, but do please try and explain the terminology you've used.

Is it some kind of meal you people eat?

Oops forgot an "e", it should spell "Jeepers". I hope that helped you. If you are still unsure lookup the word on Google. Then again in fairness <I hate to repeat myself> I'm not the one who didnt know where 9 counties were in Ireland.....

It has risen on the third day like our Lord Jesus, praise be to God.
    Rb, hold hands with me in silent celebration.

Is Jepers the god in Leitrim?

rb_ie wrote:
    Sure isn't it a well known fact that everyone in Leitrim is related to one another? It's just a damn pity somebody could step in to step you breeding with one another.

However, with Leitrim being somewhat left in the past whilst Ireland progressed, it's understandable that the "people" living there don't realise, or have not yet been informed. Sure the language barrier is great as it is, I'd imagine it would take a very patient man to explain the intricate details of sex and the harm caused by blood relatives copulating with each other to one of them, nevermind the whole "county".

Have you got a source for that or are you just talking SH1TE :D

• Advertisement

stepbar wrote:
    The traffic light is still there...........
    Oh really? Have the locals learned to utilise its capabilities or are they still living in fear of the powers it may possess?
    stepbar wrote:
    Oops forgot an "e", it should spell "Jeepers". I hope that helped you. If you are still unsure lookup the word on Google. Then again in fairness <I hate to repeat myself> I'm not the one who didnt know where 9 counties were in Ireland.....

Fantastic! We're seeing almost immediate results, in only a few minutes and with very little additional instruction, your grasp of the English language has improved ten fold!

Give yourself a pat on the back stepbar, in time you'll soon be able to fit in as an ordinary member of society. It just takes practice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement