Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know where Leitrim is?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rb_ie wrote:
    Oh really? Have the locals learned to utilise its capabilities or are they still living in fear of the powers it may possess?
    I believe they have started calling it Jeper's Hammer. Much like Thors Hammer, but they do not know the magic behind the three different suns shining out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It has risen on the third day like our Lord Jesus, praise be to God.
    Rb, hold hands with me in silent celebration.

Is Jepers the god in Leitrim?

/holds Tar.Aldarion's hands

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

tsk handbags and not even Prada. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

rb_ie wrote:
    Oh really? Have the locals learned to utilise its capabilities or are they still living in fear of the powers it may possess?

Fantastic! We're seeing almost immediate results, in only a few minutes and with very little additional instruction, your grasp of the English language has improved ten fold!

Give yourself a pat on the back stepbar, in time you'll soon be able to fit in as an ordinary member of society. It just takes practice.

Good lads, good to see we have a pair of intellectuals on Boards.... who can ingage in..... SH1TE talk :D Keep the good work up boys. Nighty night :D

stepbar wrote:
    Have you got a source for that or are you just talking SH1TE :D
    In the modern world, it is a commonly known fact.
    *Sigh* I had a feeling noone told you. Listen, "stepbar", you should not mate with with your brother/sister/mother/father. Just trust me on this, bad things will happen. Its too late for the rest of Leitrim, where I hear almost 3/4 of the population are the product of inbreeding but if I can get the message across to even just one of you, a generation might just be saved.

If you lot choose to continue this act, I'm afraid the Government of the Republic of Ireland (the people who rule this country) may have to step in and have you all spayed/neutered.
    I believe they have started calling it Jeper's Hammer. Much like Thors Hammer, but they do not know the magic behind the three different suns shining out of it.

Ah, I see now. Interesting little culture/society, isn't it?

• Advertisement

Oh Stepbar, before you return to the cave from which you came, answer me one question;

What is your full name?

rb_ie wrote:
    Oh Stepbar, before you return to the cave from which you came, answer me one question;

What is your full name?

Well if you cant beat someone with intellectual conversation turn to the insults because they're sure to work :D rb_ie why dont you.....

stepbar wrote:
    Well if you cant beat someone with intellectual conversation turn to the insults because they're sure to work :D rb_ie why dont you.....
    That last post was no more insulting than any other in this thread.

Seriously though, what is your first, middle and last name? Just out of curiosity.

EDIT: Holy Jeper! You're claiming "Have you got a source for that or are you just talking SH1TE " is an intellectual response in this conversation?! Wow, I knew you people were a bit...hmm, "slow" but I never thought you'd class such a basic, grammatically incorrect argument as "intellectual".

rb_ie wrote:
    That last post was no more insulting than any other in this thread.

Seriously though, what is your first, middle and last name? Just out of curiosity.

Why the **** are you still here? Got nothing to do with you son, between me and Tar. OK, so be a good little boy and.......

stepbar wrote:
    Why the **** are you still here? Got nothing to do with you son, between me and Tar. OK, so be a good little boy and.......
    Come on, out with it. Since you saw no problem with Tar.Aldarion handing over other people's personal details on a public internet forum and encouraged him to, it should be absolutely no problem to you to give us, the readers on Boards.ie, your full name.

You asked for a source to prove that inbreeding caused damage to the child/children produced by it, I think if you have a good read over your posts and perhaps have a look at yourself in the mirror, you'll have all the proof you need.

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote:
    Come on, out with it. Since you saw no problem with Tar.Aldarion handing over other people's personal details on a public internet forum and encouraged him to, it should be absolutely no problem to you to give us, the readers on Boards.ie, your full name.

Through a PM yes.......
    rb_ie wrote:
    You asked for a source to prove that inbreeding caused damage to the child/children produced by it, I think if you have a good read over your posts and perhaps have a look at yourself in the mirror, you'll have all the proof you need.

Thats low.... real low...... but I suppose in fairness im not the one who didnt know where 9 counties were in Ireland so im not really that offended....

Anyway can Tar not talk for himself? Why dont you just.........

stepbar wrote:
    Through a PM yes.......

Thats low.... real low...... but I suppose in fairness im not the one who didnt know where 9 counties were in Ireland so im not really that offended....

Anyway can Tar not talk for himself? Why dont you just.........
    Will you send Tar a copy of your passport? Just so [strike]we[/strike] he knows that it's you.

You keep falling back on that on little argument you have, is that really all the material you have? You're like a broken record, the same little thing over and over...OR is it just the one thing you can translate into proper English?

Oh, I'm sure Tar can speak for himself, as he has done throughout the thread and I'm sure he will again. Why I just...?what?

rb_ie wrote:
    You keep falling back on that on little argument you have, is that really all the material you have? You're like a broken record, the same little thing over and over...OR is it just the one thing you can translate into proper English?

Oh touchy... :D LOL

I know its not something to be proud of.... <ahem... not knowing where 9 counties are>

stepbar wrote:
    Oh touchy... :D LOL

I know its not something to be proud of.... <ahem... not knowing where 9 counties are>
    Do you honestly think I care that I don't know the exact location of some places that I never intend on going?Really?Being fully educated as to the geographical location of every county in Ireland is at the very bottom of my list of priorities to be honest. Knowing the geographical location of every county is nothing to be proud of...well, unless you're from Leitrim, where it appears you're considered an intellectual for being able to string a few words of English together to form a barely comprehensible sentence. Christ, if that is indeed the case, seeing as you know where every county lies you must be one of Leitrims greatest assets.
    Well done, you're doing Leitrim proud with every crappy sentence you're managing to string together.

Actually, you should find out how to print material off the computer and bring it home to your father/brother and mother/sister to show them what a good job you've done of communicating with the outside world (outside world being outside Leitrim, of course). They'll be so proud of you.

rb_ie wrote:
    Do you honestly think I care that I don't know the exact location of some places that I never intend on going?Really?Being fully educated as to the geographical location of every county in Ireland is at the very bottom of my list of priorities to be honest. Knowing the geographical location of every county is nothing to be proud of...well, unless you're from Leitrim, where it appears you're considered an intellectual for being able to string a few words of English together to form a barely comprehensible sentence. Christ, if that is indeed the case, seeing as you know where every county lies you must be one of Leitrims greatest assets.
    Well done, you're doing Leitrim proud with every crappy sentence you're managing to string together.

I'd say not knowing it, is nothing to be proud of ........... I only hope you never become the Taoiseach or God forbid the President...... :D

God, its easy to rise you to the bait isn't it? :D LOL

stepbar wrote:
    I'd say not knowing it, is nothing to be proud of ........... I only hope you never become the Taoiseach or God forbid the President...... :D

God, its easy to rise you to the bait isn't it? :D LOL
    Me?Rise to the bait? I don't think so somehow.

I just love the fact that almost everything I've said has either gone completely over your head, or that it didn't and the very best you could come back with was "lolz u dunno where 9 counties r haw har". Then you had the cheek to call it an intellectual discussion! I have yet to see anything remotely intelligent from you, let alone an entire discussion.
    You've stuck random smilies into random areas of badly strung together text, and you class it as intellectual. My God.

rb_ie wrote:
    Me?Rise to the bait? I don't think so somehow.

I just love the fact that almost everything I've said has either gone completely over your head, or that it didn't and the very best you could come back with was "lolz u dunno where 9 counties r haw har". Then you had the cheek to call it an intellectual discussion! I have yet to see anything remotely intelligent from you, let alone an entire discussion.
    You've stuck random smilies into random areas of badly strung together text, and you class it as intellectual. My God.

Oh well you know the saying... "if you can't beat them join them". I notice Tar hasnt come back... and BTW why the **** are you still here? What started as a conversation between me and Tar has turned into an irrelevant conversation between me and you.

stepbar wrote:
    Oh well you know the saying... "if you can't beat them join them". I notice Tar hasnt come back... and BTW why the **** are you still here? What started as a conversation between me and Tar has turned into an irrelevant conversation between me and you.
    Wow. Just wow. Normally when you call someone dumb, or inbred, they try their best to act the opposite. They get offended and want to try their best to prove you wrong. In your case though, it appears you're just trying to prove me right, or conform to the image I've created of you...which is certainly an odd reaction. I don't quite know how to take it to be honest. Quite amusing to say the least though, it's almost like when you tell a dog to sit, they respond by sitting and obeying.

Oh, if you must know, Tar is getting a massage from a young Thai boy, €50 goes a "long long way for a long long time" apparently and he'll be occupied for the rest of the evening.

Why am I still here? I've a rotten hangover and decided to stay in and preserve my energy for tomorrow night, if you must know. You are entertaining, I'll give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

"Leitrim people are inbred"
    "You don't know where 9 counties are".
    "prove it"
    "no you prove it"

The last few pages are by far the most inane, pointless drivel I have ever read on this site. Cop yourselves on and stop trying to rack up higher post counts trying to look uber-cool for your forum buddies.

On topic, I know where Leitrim is. I find it strange that people haven't encountered it, or many other counties, but some people are happy to stay at home and not bother going outside Dublin/wherever. I personally like travelling to different places, both within Ireland, and around the world, so I have a reasonably good knowledge of the country/world from a geographical perspective.

rb_ie wrote:
    Wow. Just wow. Normally when you call someone dumb, or inbred, they try their best to act the opposite. They get offended and want to try their best to prove you wrong. In your case though, it appears you're just trying to prove me right, or conform to the image I've created of you...which is certainly an odd reaction. I don't quite know how to take it to be honest. Quite amusing to say the least though, it's almost like when you tell a dog to sit, they respond by sitting and obeying.

Oh, if you must know, Tar is getting a massage from a young Thai boy, €50 goes a "long long way for a long long time" apparently and he'll be occupied for the rest of the evening.

Why am I still here? I've a rotten hangover and decided to stay in and preserve my energy for tomorrow night, if you must know. You are entertaining, I'll give you that.

With every message you write, it only goes to prove what an arsehole you really are. The only thing you can retort to is insults. Dodge the question, come back with an insult. If an insult was an IQ level it would be fairly low..... fairly low.

And anyway **** off it was nothing to do with you in the first place......

• Advertisement

stepbar wrote:
    With every message you write, it only goes to prove what an arsehole you really are. The only thing you can retort to is insults. Dodge the question, come back with an insult. If an insult was an IQ level it would be fairly low..... fairly low.

And anyway **** off it was nothing to do with you in the first place......
    Dodge what question?All you've said is "Durrr uz dunno where 9 counties r lolz i do so i is smartz", to which I politely replied that I could not give two f*cks where those 9 counties are, I don't have any intention of visiting them in the near future so have absolutely no use for the information.

I know where at least 98% of the places I intend on going to are geographically and that is all I care about. "Durrrr I no where all d 32 counties r, I is sooo special", is that really something to be proud of? The fact that you can remember where 32 little counties are on a little island? I could find out where those 9 other counties are now, have them learnt off in a second, but I certainly wouldn't be "proud" of the accomplishment. The only person who should be proud of being able to remember something so stupid and insignificant is a child, whos still trying to learn his or her addition and multiplication tables.

Oh and don't tell me to f*ck off, you're certainly in no position to and besides, its bad manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Sure I know where Leitrim is. I'm from Dublin, but have family there. Love the place.

My question is: what's a PD supporter doing in Leitrim? Actually, why the hell are you a PD supporter? That's a Donnybrook party. ;)

Ahh, the PDs, the party for Ireland's aspirant elitist fascists.

rb_ie wrote:
    Dodge what question?All you've said is "Durrr uz dunno where 9 counties r lolz i do so i is smartz", to which I politely replied that I could not give two f*cks where those 9 counties are, I don't have any intention of visiting them in the near future so have absolutely no use for the information.

I know where at least 98% of the places I intend on going to are geographically and that is all I care about. "Durrrr I no where all d 32 counties r, I is sooo special", is that really something to be proud of? The fact that you can remember where 32 little counties are on a little island? I could find out where those 9 other counties are now, have them learnt off in a second, but I certainly wouldn't be "proud" of the accomplishment. The only person who should be proud of being able to remember something so stupid and insignificant is a child, whos still trying to learn his or her addition and multiplication tables.

I refer to where it started (post 90) and it kind of snowballed from there. I noticed you were a bit of a condecending **** as well..... BTW there's no mention from me of being "proud" about knowing the 32 counties of Ireland, just a suggestion to you that not knowing it, would be nothing to be proud of.....
    rb_ie wrote:
    Oh and don't tell me to f*ck off, you're certainly in no position to and besides, its bad manners.

Ive told you 3 times by now so if you dont get the message... Touche :D

DadaKopf wrote:
    Sure I know where Leitrim is. I'm from Dublin, but have family there. Love the place.

My question is: what's a PD supporter doing in Leitrim? Actually, why the hell are you a PD supporter? That's a Donnybrook party. ;)

Ahh, the PDs, the party for Ireland's aspirant elitist fascists.

:D PD's wha? Never!

We were just trying to wind ya up stepbar, hope you didn't take any of it too personally! :)

And I don't have sex with underage girls!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fun though, it's not every evening that you find out that your thai boy has a massage table either. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ive read through this thread with interest and I learned one thing from it - stepbar is a prick.

If that deserves a banning, well fine. But someone had to say it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Locked.

This thread has ran its course,it was mildly interesting before it turned into a flame war.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement