Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is BT broadband down?

Options
  • 22-12-2006 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

The b/f is w/ BT in Enniscorthy and has had no broadband since yesterday afternoon. No luck getting thru to the 1890 923 111 help no. (he might be trying 1904 as well).

Anyone else having similar probs?

I noticed a comment from last night in another thread in "Smart Telecom send me a welcome pack... " thread saying "BT Ireland-sucks. ?? They seem to have gone off the air. ??? !!!"

But no other mention. Anyone? He's beside himself with frustration.

Ban'd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Tell him to ring the Business Customer Support line, it's the only way to get through without waiting for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

its unlikely that the whole of BT broadband would go down (although certainly not impossible). more likely is a problem with his local exchange.

BT support is (like most support) notoriously bad, so like sean says get him to ring business support and try and sneak in that way, but they will most likely only transfer him to the residential queue anyway, so he most likely won't gain anything.

i have bt residential dsl and mines been up and running fine for the last 6-7 months with no problems at all, in fact I've been remotely connected to my home PC from work for the whole week and aside from the odd momentary timeout it's been perfect.

home is Navan tho, so a little way away from him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Sorry, should have said, i'm on BT Broadband right now, in Dublin tho:D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Thanks all.

We didn't think it was a total system failure. We assumed it might be a local (or even site-specific) prob, hence notation of his location.

He'll try the Business number. Thanks very much for that suggestion.

And yes, he's unplugged, re-plugged, etc. Has had excellent service from them for over a year. Only one or two other short-lived outages in the past.

Cheers,
    Ban'd

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Esat is down in parts of the 051 area over the last week! No luck getting through to Esat to find out why either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

I mentioned in another thread that My DSL in Tramore is down since Tuesday night - I got through to BT on 1904 twice - they didnt know when the problem would be fixed - It is an Eircom problem (BT only resell the Eircom service) and no doubt Eircom are dragging their heels! Since they couldn't or wouldn't fix it during a working week, I bet it will be off until at least after Christmas! I wonder is Eircom affected in any of the same areas?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I mentioned in another thread that My DSL in Tramore is down since Tuesday night - I got through to BT on 1904 twice - they didnt know when the problem would be fixed - It is an Eircom problem (BT only resell the Eircom service) and no doubt Eircom are dragging their heels! Since they couldn't or wouldn't fix it during a working week, I bet it will be off until at least after Christmas! I wonder is Eircom affected in any of the same areas?

Always remember that it is very very easy and lazy for the resellers to blame Eircom (I am not saying it is not Eircom's fault (in both senses!) However if it is an Eircom fault it does seem strange that there are no posts from any of the other isp users on here?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ya that is strange alright. But it was mentioned in the other thread that they use their own equipment - so why do they need Eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

If your connection syncs, but the internet is still not working, then its a BT problem. I had an outage before, It was synced, but it wouldnt login to the internet. I connected my laptop straight to the modem, and it just said, couldnt contact PPPoE server. It was working fine in the morning though.

Having said that, I have had no broadband issues at all asside from that outage that i had, and that was a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

I'm on BT, no breakages or anything for me...

• Advertisement
Advertisement