Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Ireland

Options
  • 22-12-2006 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

In light of the presence of Niall Quinn and Roy, Denis and Jason(?) in the new unlockable players do you think we could pool our resources and create a classic ireland?

I mean my main problem would be agreement on the stats of the players.

So i was thinkign that once we have agreement on everything we could list the stats and relative player model changes and eventually have a fully working team to take on the best of the rest in international challenge mode.

Good idea? bad idea? too tough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Good idea, i was looking at making this too.

So, first you need to decide on the first 11 + 5 subs...

I'm guessing we're excluding current players? as in Given, Keane and Duff who would easily make the classic team when they retire....

Away from that and assuming a 4-4-2, imo, shoe-ins would have to be Quinn as a target man, Irwin in one of the full-back positions, Roy in CM, and McGrath at CB or DM.

I'd be pretty certain about that core there, and then build around that.

And the stats? Thats harder to agree on as people may not remember the relative strengths and weaknesses of the older generation players. Personally though, I think Quinn should have a ridiculously good volleying technique if theres such a thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Am sure would have George Best in there somewhere :rolleyes: Unless of course was just Classic Republic of Ireland which is a bit long :p No idea who else from north though lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

No no no it's Classic Republic of Ireland... so no best or jennings, dowie etc.

Brady, Giles, Noel Cantwell, Johnny Carey, Aldridge, Stapleton, Whelan, Bonner, Moran, Mick McCarthy, David O Leary, Houghton.

I'm not too well up on the old old team before jack so i'm sure dunphy gets a look in. McGrath is pure magic.

It's a good team... i mean all at their best they'd be world beaters no doubt about that.

hmmmm... well lets get a full national line up to pick from for the international challenge. At least then we could have it saved to an option file. I have PES6 on the pc myself.

I'm getting all excited now hahaha

maybe there's a good wikipedia entry...

SofaKing wrote:
    And the stats? Thats harder to agree on as people may not remember the relative strengths and weaknesses of the older generation players. Personally though, I think Quinn should have a ridiculously good volleying technique if theres such a thing :)

Oh yeah it's just i'm not too sure on the full effects of the stats in the game. Is there any website that does have these details?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Right after a bit of digging I found this for you
    http://www.pesgaming.com/showpost.php?p=654051&postcount=2221
    Its unified but most are Rep of Irish.
    Have fun, merry xmas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mark Lawrenson

I thought christmas was on monday....

Tonight will be busy....

I love you?