Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog health question

Options
  • 22-12-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

Ok, weird question. My dog has swollen testicles, and has been rubbing them along the ground and whining. I really hope it's not a tumour, has anyone else had a dog with similar problem? I don't know if vets will be open over Christmas...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

The vets will be open or there will be a vet on call available. Vets will defiinitely be open today.

A tumour is the most common cause of a swollen testicle (but don't worry it's not usually malignant!) but usually only one testicle is affected, though rarely both are swollen.

Testicular torsion can cause swollen testicles and is INCREDIBLY painful and requires immediate treatment.

An infection would also cause swelling and pain but is uncommon. Do they feel hot to touch?

Prostate problems - infection, tumours, benign enlargemnts - can cause swollen testicles also and are very common in older intact males.

Please bring the dog to the vet today - don't leave him be in pain! All these problems are serious and definitely need veterinary attention today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

vets are only close christmas day and st stephens and new years day and obviously any sundays. There is the Dublin Animal Emergency Clinic in UCD, 1850564036 and is open basically 24 hours over weekends and when ever your vet is closed. Only covers certain vets in dublin, so if you ring your own vet and that number is down for you to call they can see your pet but if not there chould be another number where you can get out of hours service.

Hope its ok to have that number there is not feel free to take it out!

Advertisement