Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When child is visiting his Dad

Options
  • 22-12-2006 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All, Sheila here again.:)

Please can you help I am having a horrid time of it with My partners ex.
    I have been with my chap for over two years we plan to marry.
    His ex has always disliked me and has always text me horrid messages saying horrible things I just don't look at them any more.She won't let me have any think to do with my partners son. I can understand that she might feel threatened but her little boy will always love his mum I just want My partner and his son and my daughter and myself as a family I don't want to take her son from her.

Please if anyone can answer these questions

When My partners Son visits can his ex tell him what we do with his son?
    Can she tell my partner not to let me look after his son?:confused:

Thank you merry Christmas:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Sheila... replied on your other tread... can I also recommend another site.. www.magicmum.com there is a single mums section on that and they may be better able to answer your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Sheila7 wrote:
    I just want My partner and his son and my daughter and myself as a family I don't want to take her son from her.

You say you don't want to take her son away from her yet you want your partner, his (and her!) son, your daughter and yourself as a family. Perhaps you're coming on a bit strong? Why don't you back off a little bit. Let your partner do something with his son while you and your daughter do something else. You say you bring him to the shops or for a walk with yourself and your daughter and your partner doesn't always want to come. What the hell else is he doing instead? It sounds like he only sees his son every few days at most so why doesn't he want to go for walks and do things with his son? I think the boys mother is probably trying to say that their son is visiting to spend time with his father not to go shopping/walking with his father's girlfriend. She's right. I don't agree with her being abusive towards you or sending you agressive text messages but you really do need to step back from this. Encourage your partner to engage with his son more and you'll all be happier. Forget the idea that his son is your son too - he's not - he's hers, all you can do is be nice to him when he's over, remind his father he exists, but that's as far as it goes.

Advertisement