Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to identify an "Unknown Device"?

Options
2»

Comments

I will be backing it up. I found an excellent guide on radified.com.

i have just the one hard drive, so it will be pretty important that i don't mess it up. Surely I'll need the drive plugged in to install windows?

Yeah I can afford 40gb of space for the OS. May do 3 partitions, still unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ah, it sounded like you had an extra 300GB drive. Every drive has a partition (even if it's one). If you're going to repartion it, then you're going to lose everything thats currently on it.

And yes, you will need it plugged in.

You don't need to go crazy on the partitions, 2 is more than enough, one for OS (which can need reinstalled) and one for the rest. Use folders to divide things up (it's what they're for...) I generally put all Games in the... Games folder for example. If you divide up too much, you could end up running out of space on one and have loads extra on another (apps vs movies for example), whereas an Apps and Movies folder on the same partition will never have that problem :)

Advertisement