Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Schwalbe Marathons?

Options
  • 22-12-2006 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Anyone know of a Dublin bricks and mortar store that can supply Schwalbe Marathon tyres? (neither cycleways or cyclesuperstore have them listed on their website)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Erm... I got mine in London, and only because they didn't have any armadillos. They seem to be pretty much the same TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

Erm... I got mine in London

I'm assuming that you didn't just reply to make me jealous, so I take it you are bringing me back a pair then when you return home for Xmas? ;)

Assume makes an ass out of me and an ass out of u :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

Membrane wrote:
    I'm assuming that you didn't just reply to make me jealous
    Assume makes an ass out of me and an ass out of u :p

In that case: you bastid ;)

I've had a change of mind (not physically, although that would be nice) after looking up their weight. They are just short of a Kg per tyre (!). I have them on my classic roadster that I use in the city and they're great for that. But fitting them to my exercise bike wouldn't be a good idea given their weight. So I've now got my eye on a pair of Continental Sport Contacts. They also offer some punture protection that I'm after in the form of a Kevlar belt, but at 580G they are a bit less of dead weight to drag up the mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Membrane wrote:
    Anyone know of a Dublin bricks and mortar store that can supply Schwalbe Marathon tyres? (neither cycleways or cyclesuperstore have them listed on their website)

don't be tempted to ask Cycleways to do a special order for you, you'll get the 'should have them next week' treatment for weeks, this is what happened to me when I tried ordering schwalbe stelvios. I eventually got my tyres from an online uk bike shop

• Advertisement

Membrane wrote:

I've had a change of mind (not physically, although that would be nice) after looking up their weight. They are just short of a Kg per tyre (!).

Really? They didn't feel like that when I was carrying them home (although the tube gates did try to eat them!) but then, I'm not really *that* worried, theres 80 kilo of fat bastard and a fairly substantial amount of work to haul around too - no-one's going to notice another 500g, especially when it's so near the road!

To be honest, I don't think there's any huge difference between Marathons, Armadillos and Continental Contacts, they all seem to do exactly the same job and be pretty much interchangable at any time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Membrane wrote:
    I got them from Joe Daly's in Dundrum (beside the big bridge).

Advertisement