Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help getting Webcam

Options
  • 22-12-2006 9:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I would like suggestions for getting a webcam for a mac.
    You know, a great one that is cheap! Etc...
    This site has been suggested...
    http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That site looks more like a software driver site (the giveaway was the fact that is on sourceforge).

What they seem to be doing is writing driver software so you can use "normal" usb webcams with Macs.

Proably better of posting on the Mac forum, TBH.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes, thanks, I know.
    I just put up that site as it shows supported webcams for macs, as they write drivers.
    I'll try out a mac site, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The best option would be to go with Apple's own iSight camera.

I remember it being surprisingly difficult to find a mac compatible cam. I got a Firewire cam in the end called a Stealthfire... this is a good few years back though, so hopefully the situation has improved.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey thanks, I'll look up the iSight. Why couldn't she have a feckin' normal compooter.*grumble*
    I think it is improving due to those driver creating people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Why couldn't she have a feckin' normal compooter.*grumble*

I dare ya to say that over on the Mac forum. Go one, I dare ya!

• Advertisement

I'll slip it in somewhere.
    Mwah!

Advertisement