Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please Help ! ANYONE ? Router problem ! ! Please

• 22-12-2006 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

So I have bought a Dlink-524 router ! I am with Ntl so it doesnt require all the usernames or passwords as it uses static Ip address !

Ok ... fine ! I thought I had it working !

Then it goes through WAN settings ,,,,, simple enough, all it asked me to do was give the connection a name! Then it says wan settings aint right ?

WHAT DO I DO ! Im at this ALL day !

Please if anyone can help !

Also if this helps there when I try set it up, the connection Im using all this time goes off !

Please if anyone can help !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

OK. I don't know specifically what your problem is but I do have a working DI 524 (I have IBB breeze 3MB) so I can run through what I did to get it working for me.

Run the installation utility on the disk provided. Can be downloaded here
    if you lost it.http://www.dlink.com/products/support.asp?pid=316&sec=0#quickInstallGuidies
    Go through the steps as indicated (connecting cables in the order indicated etc). The only manual intervention is that (in my case) when it asked me for an IP address I indicated static IP address and put in the addresses as provided by IBB. The only other intervention was that I chose to use WPA and gave a password.

Thats literally all I had to do and it has worked grand since. The only steps I would suggest initially are:
    1. Ensure the NTL connection is working when connected directly to the PC.
    2. Ensure the router is working if you use the wired connection.

If 1 and 2 are true then your laptop or wireless PC should be able to see the wireless network (via control panel, network and internet connections, netork connections) and you should be able to connect to it using the password you chose.

The only other step I can remember taking is that in internet explorer and in tools/internet options/connections I made sure 'never dial a connection' was chosen.

Others may provide more technical ideas if you have any more specific details but given that it worked for me I'm not sure what else to suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Now that I think about it there was one other thing I had to do first time I set it up. I have a wireless video sender sending from the same room as my wireless router. I had to change the channel on the router to 11 from 6 to get it working - I assume there was interference between the two signals. Before that my laptop was seeing the network but couldn't connect to it.

Anyway - might be something to try out if you have other wireless devices in the house.

Advertisement