Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record of 2006-your call

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

It's really not... It will never reach the same standard again...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I guess we'll have to agree to differ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Front by Luxembourg
    Left by Hope Of The States

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

John wrote:
    I guess we'll have to agree to differ :)

I'll agree with that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

It is actually a tough one to answer - I bought a lot of Cds in 2006, mainly established artists like:
    • Prince - 3121
    • Pet Shop Boys - Fundamental
    • Faithless - To all new arrivals
    • Depeche Mode - Playing the angel
    • Erasure - Union Street

And all those albums had good songs on them. But I alsoe bought a few singles and have to say that my number 1 record of 2006 is:

George Michael and Mutya - This is not real love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Actually did anyone get Ys by Joanna Newsom? Whoah. That was something else.

Daddio wrote:

Ys I did, fantastic album. I loved her first one but this was something else altogether!

EDIT: Just noticed the first word of my reply there, what a typo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Daddio wrote:

I've noticed that popping up in a few end of year lists from music publications.Whats it about exactly?

It's one girl with a strange but lovely voice, her harp and an orchestra. It's also a concept album but I haven't paid enough attention to it to garner what the concept may be. It's very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

David Hasselhoff - Jump In My Car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

^ :eek: !
    John wrote:
    It's one girl with a strange but lovely voice, her harp and an orchestra. It's also a concept album but I haven't paid enough attention to it to garner what the concept may be. It's very good though.
    It's about a mythological Breton city <I think>, which was flooded when a princess gave into temptation and opened the city walls. Or something.
    I'd recommend this album to anyone really, although I know her voice can put some people off. It's really an amazing album when you get into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Sparks "Hello Young Lovers" best album this year "Dick Around" best song this year, Sparks at Electric Picnic performing "Dick Around" - :cool:

Advertisement