Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you alone for Christmas?

Options
  • 23-12-2006 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

So like the title suggests,my family went to the states for christmas the reason for me not going was that i was going out with someone when they booked it! Obviously im not going out with her anymore!

I'm going to oz in feb so i'll use that excuse,'that i would'nt be able to afford it!'

Im still in the festive spirit,just that been in an empty house christmas eve is gona be a downer :(

Anybody Else?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Go out on Christmas eve and get drunk enough that you'll sleep through most of Christmas day, then go over to your mates for your dinner, eat and drink enough to make you drowsy and the whole thing will be over before ya know it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My gf is like you op so I guess I'll be stealing her to my home for a while.
    Maybe visit a friend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I was 3 years ago and it wasn't a nice feeling, don't be alone. Bring over a few mates and have a laugh. Have you no place at all you can go to? Good on ya, Tar. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Possibly, depending on how foggy it is tomorrow morning.

Edit: Just saw the time. I meant this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I envy you, OP. I envy you so 'ard.

Watch some Home Alone (Which shall, undoubtedly, be provided courtesy of RTÉ) :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Have a Boards party!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Karoma wrote:
    I envy you, OP. I envy you so 'ard.

Watch some Home Alone (Which shall, undoubtedly, be provided courtesy of RTÉ) :p

I'd doubt it!
    I'm having dinner with a close friend of mine but i'm not gona outstay my welcome.
    Im gona go home with a nice hot fire and a bottle of wine and watch 'home alone' or 'willy wonka' and spam the boards for the night so get ready..:D :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

rb_ie wrote:
    then go over to your mates for your dinner.
    Make sure they know your going there, my aunt done that last year and it pretty much ruined the christmas dinner her and her boyfriend came down (unannounced) we had the dinner nearly ready and it somehow came that she had to go to her sisters and she was coming back for dinner and we told her 3.00 or whatever it was on the dot. She arrived an hour or so late and sat there ate her food headed back to her sisters and then came back down to us later in the night when she knew everybody was going to be there. Bitch almost ruined christmas.

Sorry for the negativity but had to get it off my chest. Whatever you do remember its only 1 day and I hope you have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

dvega wrote:
    Im gona go home with a nice hot fire and a bottle of wine and watch 'home alone' or 'willy wonka' and spam the boards for the night so get ready..:D :D:D:D:D:D

I'll also be spamming boards with my brand spanking new laptop so i'll see ya there

woo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Had too much company in the past few months. Would love a couple of days home alone to watch **** movies (Home Alone! Ahhhh!!!) and just vegetate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

:| wrote:
    I'll also be spamming boards with my brand spanking new laptop

I really hope you will put your laptop to better use than that.

Remember, a laptop is not just for Christmas.....(etc.)
    :D

Back on topic, myself and Mrs. Dunne will be in her parents for Christmas. We stayed in our own house one year and it was terribly lonely, so I can only imagine how lonely it is on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

tbh wish i was alone but too many family and fiends and for some reason i feel bad when i say to them go away or im not coming out
    even tho i hate x-mass i still feel like i have to drink...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm gonna be home alone in London minding a cat. Forgot to book tickets home to Ireland earlier in the year and they were too expensive by the time I got around to it.

I do however intend on putting the cat into scary situations, taking photos of it say in the washing machine and sending them to it's owner. I figure I have to occupy myself somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I do however intend on putting the cat into scary situations, taking photos of it say in the washing machine and sending them to it's owner. I figure I have to occupy myself somehow.

Whereabouts in London? Just asking because I've been meaning to introduce my pups to a cat and see how they react, this could be a great opportunity for both of us.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

iguana wrote:
    Whereabouts in London? Just asking because I've been meaning to introduce my pups to a cat and see how they react, this could be a great opportunity for both of us.:D

Best chatup line Ive seen in ages

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I won't be alone for Christmas Day but TBH I wish I was. It sounds terrible I know but I really find the day itself unbearable. I just hate Christmas I guess.

Ah to hell with Home Alone, I'm watching A Christmas Carol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

hmmm what about some sort of impromptu boards meetup for christmas day, for all of us who are alone or arent bothered and have a lot of time to kill? There could be a non-Christmas theme if we so wish. Or would there be anything on/ anywhere actually open??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I won't be alone for Christmas Day but TBH I wish I was. It sounds terrible I know but I really find the day itself unbearable. I just hate Christmas I guess.

Ah to hell with Home Alone, I'm watching A Christmas Carol :D

"I made my family disappear!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Karoma wrote:

I'm getting some cans tomorrow evening and watching Home Alone 1 & 2 back-to-back.

Now thats the life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Ruu wrote:
    "I made my family disappear!" :)
    Indeed :) I guess I should be careful what I wish for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

at least you wont be in work :(

im working all this weekend and mon+tue, which will make it 9days in a row :(

im gonna go home and sleep ALL day wednesday , hehehe

then i got the ps3 lastnight... that will keep me company, hehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Feel free to come to my house... Cos i'll be sitting in bed(where i am right now) watching all the ****e on tv.. So some company is certainly welcome haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I'm spending this christmas alone and...WORKING! I left my family with a faux christmas dinner a fortnight ago.

I'll be working New Years as well, but that's a relief, I hate it!

Still, I love my job, and this's one of those swings and roundabouts dealies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sprinklesspanky

I'm gonna be home alone in London minding a cat. Forgot to book tickets home to Ireland earlier in the year and they were too expensive by the time I got around to it.

I suggest bizarre outfits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sprinklesspanky

I am alone on Christmas too.. got to be something else to do versus just sitting around watching tele

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'll most likely return to my room after washing up because I won't actually want to spend time with my siblings. So yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

I hate Christmas I do.

The actual day is usually crap for me....then we have a family get together on the 27th......which will be worse as I dont like my family.

OP - go a mates house???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I hate Christmas I do.

The actual day is usually crap for me....then we have a family get together on the 27th......which will be worse as I dont like my family.

OP - go a mates house???

OP was two years ago. Probably got over it by now. Or killed himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I was gonna have a solo xmas here in Oz.

Then a few weeks ago a mate of mine from back home decided to just quit his job and come out for the year. He's now living with me, so that's a second person for xmas.

Then I found someone at work who was gonna be on his own over xmas, so he;s coming over.

Then tonight I was out with work, and found 6 others who were having xmas on their own (Oz is a really big place, and in my game you might only have one or mebbe 2 days over chrimbo, so not worth their while flying 4 hours home).

So, now I've got 9 people at my tiny gaff for xmas dinner!!! And I'm a shoyte cook!!!!

Advertisement