Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 4 or Dooooom 3

Options
  • 23-12-2006 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Comon there's a thread for quake 4 but not for doooooooom 3 coommon

Quake 4 was only a tiny bit more game play but was way short.
    Doom 3 had a better story line for definate,a lot more scares and had a film made....strange....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Quake 4 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Although doom 3 has the whole, "Jebus WTF was that!?" value Quake 4 is the superior game imo due to the multiplayer fun ive had in it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Quake 4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

doom 3 for single player.
    UT2004 for multiplayer :p

(c'mon, the "blablabla quake blabla!!!!" is just tiresome now, would all 3 of ya go to bed ffs! :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not a gameh person at all, I haven't played Quake 4 and probably won't in the near future but have played Doom 3 because I played the others. I'm not up with you hip kids and ye're "multiplayers" and "clans" and all that hullaballoo. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I found both Q4 and D3 equally yawn-worthy.
    Nodding off just talking about them... *yawns*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

dvega wrote:
    Comon there's a thread for quake 4 but not for doooooooom 3 coommon

Because this is the....quake...forum..?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

I just asked why was'nt there a doom 3 forum BECAUSE theres a Q4 forum,doom 3 and the old doom games were and are still more popular than any of the quakes.

Ah, here's what you're looking for, so. Hope you get it!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

quake 4 as playing quake 4 you don't get the repetitiveness of walking a corridor, secret door opens, out pops a imp. repeat x 100000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

dvega wrote:
    I just asked why was'nt there a doom 3 forum BECAUSE theres a Q4 forum,doom 3 and the old doom games were and are still more popular than any of the quakes.

This isn't a Quake 4 forum. This is a forum for the Quake series.

This was originally a multiplayer Quake 1 forum (The first boards forum, actually) which was by far the most popular multiplayer game in Ireland at the time and remains more popular in Ireland than the Dooms and the other Quakes.

Questions? :D

I've been a gamer since i was able to pick up an atari joystick,and if your telling me that quake,even quake 1 was more popular than doom,or even doom 1 i think you need to do a little more research

Pardon me, I meant for multiplayer. I was just out of bed when I wrote that ;)

A country-specific community is not required for single-player games so any that you see are either the result of astounding popularity or a very vocal fanbase, and you can't tell me that any of the doom games have a sufficient Irish multiplayer community, or a sufficiently vocal fanbase, to justify a forum for its discussion. :)

"Games > Games" would be the forum for it and games in similar situations

Now your talking about mutiplayer,which means internet,which means broadband,which means ireland is at the bottom of the list.

I played WOW for over 2 years and on 3 different servers i met 2 irish ppl that were in my guild.

You have to remember ireland is only starting to 'surf the net'

Steven wrote:

Which came first, the expert or the newbie?

Fobia wrote:
    Which came first, the expert or the newbie?

I dont even know if thats aimed at me.I didnt know you have to have 1500 posts up to be an expert.

dvega wrote:
    I dont even know if thats aimed at me.I didnt know you have to have 1500 posts up to be an expert.

No, I was talking about the game of quake. Nothing to do with you at all, don't worry :) . It wasn't directed at anyone at all!

Oh and post count means nothing, join date means a little as it raises the chance that they know their stuff, but it by no means guarantees it. Eg, note Steven's joindate! And yet, the brain of a woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Steven wrote:
    This isn't a Quake 4 forum. This is a forum for the Quake series.

This was originally a multiplayer Quake 1 forum (The first boards forum, actually) which was by far the most popular multiplayer game in Ireland at the time and remains more popular in Ireland than the Dooms and the other Quakes.

Stev_, I have a comment that you won't want to hear. I'm sorry but you have been wasting your time playing QuakeWorld. :)

dvega wrote:
    Now your talking about mutiplayer,which means internet,which means broadband,which means ireland is at the bottom of the list.

I played WOW for over 2 years and on 3 different servers i met 2 irish ppl that were in my guild.

You have to remember ireland is only starting to 'surf the net'

I don't see how aything you just said relates to the discussion. If anything, you're strengthening my argument by saying there are few irish players.

My point remains valid. There is no need to create a doom forum because there is nothing to talk about. There's little need for even a quake forum nowadays what with the dedicated irish quake site and the half-dozen irc channels. If you do actually have something to say about one of the dooms, there's a perfectly adequate games forum just up the list.

And Fobia's comment was aimed at me, not you :)

Ruu: I don't like you anymore. Give me back my christmas presents.

• Advertisement

dvega wrote:

I played WOW for over 2 weeks and was in a 40+ guild made up of nothing but irish people. There's near every nationality in near every game, just gotta know where to look..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I played a game once...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Steven wrote:
    which was by far the most popular multiplayer game in Ireland at the time and remains more popular in Ireland than the Dooms and the other Quakes.

but not as popular as UT...

;)

Advertisement