Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fan usage in fogged up cars

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DaUsualSuspect

SOLUTION: Fill kettle for your tea/coffee in the morning
    Pour remaining hot water on the windows.
    Drive off and 10 minutes later turn on the fan.
    Engine will be warm so no cold air blowing in ur hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I got the "RAIN-X" stuff that keeps the rain from sticking on the window and the RAIN-X anti fog for the interior.

It's all wwell and good when it's warmth inside the car causing the problem, but when the condensation is dripping in the morning it can take ages to clear and my mam and dad drive my car too, they wipe, I wait, which causes terrible streaking on the windscreen after one of them has driven it!!!

Uggh.

Apparently Silca gel packs (the stuff that comes in shoe boxes) in sufficient quantities can solve the problem altogether if strategically placed. I'm still trying to get my hands on a few to test the theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I generally as a rule of thumb since about the middle of September turn on my car and run the fan and heater about five or ten minutes in advance of actually driving off, if the screen is misted up in the morning as it nearly always invariably is. I also turn on the rear demister and after about ten mins everything is okay.

It also helps take the nasty chill factor out my leather seats which are roasting in the summer and freezing in the winter. I also did this process in reverse in mid-summer using the A/C to make it nicely icely cool. I find my BMW heater to be lacking compared to other motors but a mile or two down the road and youd start to feel sorry for the turkey in the oven.

Advertisement