Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need GTA:LCS to downgrade a 2.6 PSP

Options
  • 23-12-2006 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a launch copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for PSP?

I won a 2.6 PSP in a raffle and want to run homebrew on it. The only way to downgrade 2.5/2.6 to 1.5 is by using the GTA:LCS exploit.

I picked up a copy yesterday, but it turns out later versions of the disc have been patched to remove the vunerabilty.

Id be willing to provide my own brand new copy, in box with manuals, plus a few quid as a trade.

Anyone?

*edit* you can tell if your copy has the vunerability by which update is on the disc, the unpatched one has 2.0, patched one has 2.6. Its the former I need.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

Upgrade to 2.71 and you won't need GTA. 2.71 is the easiest firmware to downgrade from.

There is an PC application called "Downgrader2.71FULL" that will do everything for you and all you have to do is plug your psp into the PC and follow the on screen instructions.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed post the link for the downgrader here so you'll have to use google to try find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Never thought of going up first, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

ignoir that last comment

if you upgrade now you wont be able to downgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I upgraded to 2.71 and then downgraded no problem.

coadyj wrote:
    ignoir that last comment

if you upgrade now you wont be able to downgrade
    Seriously man.

Before you comment about modding psp's, make sure you know whats going on in the psp hacking world ! :rolleyes:

FW 2.8 is even downgradable now although I heard that even if you make the slightest mistake while downgrading, it will brick your psp.
    CiaranC wrote:
    I upgraded to 2.71 and then downgraded no problem.
    Enjoy the golden 1.5 FW ! :D

You should look into the custom FW 3.02 OE-B by Dark_Alex.
    It's insane. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

First you need to make sure you dont have a ts motherboard
    Check here first,
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=62647
    if you do i will have to give u a different guide as you cant just downgrade to 1.5

EDIT: ill give you a guide for the ts-082 first just in case

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guide-homebrew-enabler-and-devhook-for-271-installation-72495.html

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Sorry I'm a complete noob to all this downgrading/homebrew stuff.

I recently imported MGS:Portable Ops from the US and it required me to update to 2.81FW to play. As far as I know, there is no downgrader available for this yet?

Also, if one does emerge (such as an oe-b thing from Dark Alex) and I do downgrade in order to play PSX games, will I still be able to play Portable Ops?

Im a bit confused!

Sorry I'm a complete noob to all this downgrading/homebrew stuff.

I recently imported MGS:Portable Ops from the US and it required me to update to 2.81FW to play. As far as I know, there is no downgrader available for this yet?

Also, if one does emerge (such as an oe-b thing from Dark Alex) and I do downgrade in order to play PSX games, will I still be able to play Portable Ops?

Im a bit confused!
    If your a "complete noob" and a "bit confused" about all of this stuff, you should just stay away from it.

By messing with the firmware and not knowing what you're doing, there is a good chance you will brick your psp. (meaning your psp will become as useful as a paper weight)

If you want to find out about Dark_Alex's 3.02 OE_B and it's features, just google it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Folks,

I have a f/w 2.71 PSP (launch day Motherboard) which I'm looking to downgrade to 1.5 and run backed up games and apps on. If I run "Downgrader2.71FULL" to downgrade, what else do I need to run games, apps and movies from Memory ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Have a look at the forums here:

www.psptorrentz.com/forum

They have alot of good tutorials on there.

NOTE: sorry mods if you think the link is innapropriate but i am referring to the tutorials on the site. delete if its not allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

The mate picked up a white psp today and in settings it says the firmware is 2.60. When I looked up how to check the motherboard model it wasnt on the top right(when disc door is open) but instead its on the top left side. ITs very hard to make out as its behind the metal plate but it looks like IC6001, can anyone confirm this motherboard number excists. Also the fact that the motherboard model number is on the left and not the right means it would not be a Ta-082?

Thanks

From searching around it seems like its a Ta-081, can anyone tell me this ok to upgrade to 2.71 and then back down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 macpac24

if anyone needs a copy of the unpatched version of GTA:LCS with the version 2.00 firmware for downgrading im selling two. perfect nick i couldnt be arsed going through ebay too much hassle.

paul.mcmahon23@ntlworld.ie if anyones interested

Advertisement