Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Album is the pinnacle of Thrash?

• 23-12-2006 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Which is the best thrash album?

i know theres more but i thought i'd pick theese!

Best Thrash Album 55 votes

Regin In Blood
    0% 0 votes
    Master Of Puppets
    40% 22 votes
    Arise
    50% 28 votes
    Bonded By Blood
    9% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Not a fan of thrash at all, only real thrash Ill listen to is Mastery, their Lethal Legacy album is superb, purely instrumental thrash, great stuff.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I would have said Peace Sells by Megadeth. Purely for Devils Island. Reign in Blood is my pick out of those though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Actually I think Beneath the Remains is far ahead of Arise, I would vote for that. Again Bonded by Blood is no match for Peace sells.. or Among the living IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deftdony

You forgot to put Rust in Peace up their!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

you cant ask people to choose which album was the pinnacle of a genre and then say "you can only choose from these 4"
    lose the poll and let it be an open thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I voted for Master Of Puppets, cos I think every single track on the album is brilliant. There's not a single bad one on it. That, and the "Black" album, are Metallica's two best recordings.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

agreed on Beneath The Remains being far superior to Arise... I voted for Master Of Puppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Trivium is the biggest load of trash I've ever heard. Wait, what did you say? Oh, thrash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 brain damaged

John wrote:
    Trivium is the biggest load of trash I've ever heard. Wait, what did you say? Oh, thrash!

haha luverly
    nicely said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Confining poll.
    I went for Bonded By Blood. That album influenced loads of bands afterwards. One of my favourite thrash albums ever methinks. Class. :D

Kreator and Testament should be in the poll though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

^amen to that. think i may go listen to The Legacy, its been a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

yeah, why no Testament?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭funky_buddah

I wouldnt say Master is a thrash album. Id say either Reign In Blood or Beneath the Remains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I've no problem with Master, but I'd say Reign by a long stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Wiki:
    thrash metal's most famous and successful band, Metallica.

Well that settles it then.. Must be M of P. Wiki knows all and sees all...

I would call Kill 'Em All more thrash than M of P, but that's just my opinion....

Sepultura have 2 albums there! Bias! Some megadeth perhaps.. Or an option of one of these??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_thrash_metal_bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 brain damaged

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Wiki:

Sepultura have 2 albums there! Bias! Some megadeth perhaps.. Or an option of one of these??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_thrash_metal_bands

Theres one sepalura album there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Ah... Slayer. My mistake. I do apologise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Peace Sells by Megadeth or Beneath The remains, Not Arise. Bonded by blood is meh.. Id pick master of puppets as its amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PlatonicDisease

I've long been a big believer in and one of thrash metal's biggest fans. When I saw the title of this thread I was hesitating to venture in, cos I probably can never honestly say which single album is the 'pinnacle of thrash', that's a real stretch of a statement to make about a single thrash record. Ok, so it's a very short poll. How I wish there were album mentions of Dark Angel, Testament, Kreator, Megadeth, Anthrax, Overkill and some more of the heavy-hitters of Thrash.

Anyway, I picked Exodus's 'Bonded by Blood'. Supreme template for classic, authentic thrash for all time. Gary, Rick, Paul, Tom and Rob were at their fieriest best showing us how thrash oughta be done. But it was tough for me to edge out Slayer's 'Reign in Blood', an almost equal-favourite of mine. I was never much of a Metallica fan, but MoP is one of only two albums by them that I really like. But MoP would actually come dead last for me on this specific poll, with Sepultura's excellent 'Arise' being a definite bronze medallist for me in this four-way contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Beneath the Remains all the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

I do believe the question states "pinnacle of thrash" in which case its Reign in Blood, Beneaththe remains is nowhere near it although its probably a better album

Master of puppets is brilliant, but is definitely not thrash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

empirix wrote:

Master of puppets is brilliant, but is definitely not thrash

Definately not thrash?i know it isn't full on thrash such as K.E.A. or R.I.B., but its still thrash with different elements brought in.

i'd prob pick K.E.A. or Beneath the Remains, Was never a fan of R.I.B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

ONE vote (me) for Sepultura. You all suck.

:eek: No man you picked the wrong Sepultura album. At least 3 people have said if Beneath the Remains was nominated it would be their choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Ask me 15 years ago and I would've said Reign In Blood. Ask me now and I'd say Bonded By Blood. Infinitely more innvoative - even the production has stood the test of time. I'd put it up against anything released today and it's 20 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

reign in blood

dont consider master thrash

did you vote bozzie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

darkness descends - dark angel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I think M.O.P is a Thrash Metal album. There are some mellower passages in some of the songs(Battery's intro, mid section of MOP,Sanitarium & Orion), but the rest of it is pretty much Thrash Metal all the way....especially The Thing That Should Not Be!!! I went absolutely ape**** when they played that at the last gig in Dublin. My favourite song by Metallica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Dr. Feelgood

Kill em all definatly. Can't believe MOP is on the list instead of that.

Advertisement