Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Album is the pinnacle of Thrash?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

no megadeth, no vote from me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

For me...who was a teen in the mid 80s... so as an Elder statemans of metal, I will pull rank! LOL!!!

I d say Master beats Reign in Blood, by a few tiny % .

I remember when I 1st heard Master...some lent me it on Picture Disc Vinyl, and I put side 2 on my mistake, thinking it was side one....and hearing opening of Disposable Heros...just blew me away... it was amazing... so for me Master is always better when I play Disposable first.

I d put money on it and say I was THE FIRST person in Ireland to get Reign in Blood by Slayer.... I remember reading the review in Kerrang, and my mom was in the USA that week, and she brought me home Reign in Blood a few days later.. it was months before it was on sale in ireland. (plus no one had any money in those days to pay a fortune to get it imported). (and she brought me 2 Stryper discs too....FFFFFFF!!!! i could not believe it...Stryper!!!)

Reign in Blood is Brilliant too, and even in Nov 2005 seeing slayer in dublin was amazing.

I would not consider Sepultra as part of that era....they came a few years later... but there gig in the Top Hat in Dun Laoghire was it 1991?? was amazing.. I was front row for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

One of Kreators albums would definetly be in my top 3, if only i could decide which..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Den_M wrote:
    One of Kreators albums would definetly be in my top 3, if only i could decide which..
    Theres a blast from the past :eek:

Sepultura - Arise was a classic for me.

Testament - The New Order

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Morf wrote:
    darkness descends - dark angel

Now tere is a thrash album!But reign in blood got my vote!

• Advertisement
Advertisement