Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emergency!

Options
  • 23-12-2006 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

We're after spraying cillit bang onto marble fireplace and it has stained it quite badly. Anybody have any idea how to remove it? Please say you can...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

rondeco wrote:
    We're after spraying cillit bang onto marble fireplace and it has stained it quite badly. Anybody have any idea how to remove it? Please say you can...

A mate of mine used t on his bath and it ruined the bath. He had to replace the bath.
    That CilltBang should be banned. its like an acid
    I don't think you can remove it , sorry:(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't know what exactly is in Cillit Bang, but I imagine that it is disolving the calcium in the fireplace. And may be permanant.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I used cillit bang on our old range and it chewed into it and parts that were shiny are now dull and stained.... Its corrosive so it not something that can be removed as it acts like acid it eats into the surface:( ......

great on toilets but beware if you use it on anything else......

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭11.3 SECONDS

Sorry I don't know the answer. I suspect that Mellor's theory of a chemical reaction is spot on, in which case it is probaly irreversible.

If the damage has not run too deeply would it be possible to have the marble polished ? I suspect the fireplace people might know. Failing that would the people who do headstones for graves have any advice as they must work with marble too ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

If the damage has not run too deeply would it be possible to have the marble polished ? I suspect the fireplace people might know. Failing that would the people who do headstones for graves have any advice as they must work with marble too ?

Yea i never thought of that you would be able to have it polished:rolleyes: .....

• Advertisement
Advertisement