Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear demister problem

Options
  • 23-12-2006 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

Hey

I noticed there last week that the rear demister in the Focus has stopped clearing the window. It seems only the top 2 lines clear the top of the window now.

What im thinking is the the 3rd line has a nick in the steel and this is why its stopped working from there down. Or may be a case that there is a nick in all lines bar the top 2.

Does that sound right?

Anyways i still have to look but if either is the case is there a repair kit i can get or does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

You can get a little bottle of conductive paint from motor factors to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The demister doesn't actually consist of wires (steel). It is made out of conductive paint mixed with glass flakes that gets printed onto the glass and then molten into it when the glass is fired up for bending and toughening.

Things rubbing off the screen or vigorous cleaning can damage these fine lines after a while.

Touch-up paint from the motor factors will sort it for a while but will have to be re-applied every so often.

Also check that the connectors are firmly attached (but don't break them off while doing so) ...these could be touched up with a bit of solder, if loose.

Advertisement