Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

double double e

• 23-12-2006 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

who is this russian guy that was on raw and smack down. he looks like a character, so he will fit well into double double e. Has anyone in here ever seen or heard of him before.

Is it just me or does this guy look like michael schumacher pumped up. schumacher has left the formula one world, maybe he wants to do something new.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

What is this double double e you speak of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I think he meant to sya dubya dubya e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Oh yeah I remember him now I tought it was just an interview with him as in a celebrity in the crowd but then he started saying "I would lave to wrastle in da dublya dublya e" and then I copped on that he was a future wrestler. I assume he is going to be heal with the reaction he got and also yes he does look like Micheal Schumacher on steriods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

From what i've read on the net, he is the guy Jerry Jerrett brought to 'double double e' a few months ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Oleg Prudius is his name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Prudius

Supposedly a very athletic guy, I think he's been on Raw house shows for a good while now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Here's an update on him from Wrestling Observer
    The McMahons have decided that WWE newcomer Vladimir Kozlov (Oleg Prudius), who made his debut at last Monday's RAW in D.C., will be in line for a main event push. However, this has caused some concern because his wrestling abilities aren't too good. So much so that Deep South Wrestling officials didn't want his matches to appear on their television show. Kozlov has only been wrestling since April. Anyways, the plan is for Kozlov to be a geeky Russian who thinks that he's a babyface when he is actually a heel (this is similar to the original gimmick for Kurt Angle). Furthermore, his gimmick is that he's a sambo and MMA champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Oh yeah, he's been beating up Eugene on house show tours for months now. He's meant to do a nice torture rack/backbreaker similar to Roderick Strong...and not much else really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Yet another update from Wrestling Observer about his character:
    On the 12/22 SmackDown, Vladimir Kozlov did a babyface routine by
    acting like the character Latka from the movie "Taxi" as the naive, lovable, funny immigrant, which was played by the famed wrestling personality/actor Andy Kaufman. The idea is that Kozlov will start off acting like Latka, but either the fans turn on him, or something happens and he snaps, thus turning him heel. Basically, this would be similar to what they did with Eugene. Also, WWE expects Kozlov to be a main event-level heel at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I really think he is going to be WWE's attempt to get some mma fans watching their shows. And if this character of his is a blatant rip off of Kaufman's, it'd be like Boogeyman pretending to be Benoit

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I found this on wwe.com
    WWE fans have seen and felt an immense presence in the audience at Raw, SmackDown and ECW over the last several weeks. Russian grappler Vladimir Kozlov liked what he saw at the WWE shows, and soon hopes to make his mark as a Superstar.

Kozlov’s intimidating presence is not just because of his massive size, but also his achievements in the Russian martial art of Sambo. Not only was he the 2005 USA Open Heavyweight Sambo Champion, but he was also the United States Kickboxing Association (USKBA) International Heavyweight Grappling Champion.

“Growing up I always played sports and wrestled,” said Kozlov. “Kids picked on me because I was big, to test me. I am a very nice person, but if someone starts to push me, it’s a different story.”

Wrestling isn’t the only sport Kozlov’s has excelled in. He played American football for the Ukrainian National Team before playing for Santa Barbara College. He was known as an aggressive player who loved to tackle.

“People feared me because I was big and had good speed,” he laughed.

Despite receiving many honors, Kozlov stepped away from football to pursue his lifelong passion for wrestling, and began competing in amateur wrestling competitions. Having attended numerous WWE shows in the recent weeks, Kozlov looks to add another chapter to his already accomplished wrestling career.

“I love WWE,” said Kozlov. “The only thing I would love more is to be in WWE crushing its champions.”

Tuesday night when he was asked his thoughts on the main event between ECW World Champion Lashley and Rob Van Dam, Kozlov said with confidence, “I could beat both of them.”

• Advertisement
Advertisement